Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotbikerchic33
    But you dont know what i said do you?
    From what I can gather, essentially the same thing using twice the words.

Oh yeah, my picks:

1. Stoner
    2. Rossi
    3. Pedrosa
    Pole. Capirex
    Get off my lawn

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Do not underestimate Toni Elias - he finished 4th last year and could have finished 3rd if he hadn't lost time at the start of the race.

Doubt about Hayden's prospects - seems he still hasn't fully recovered from his shoulder injury.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotbikerchic33
    La razza va essere domenica molto buono, so che l'alot di persone pensa che il pedrosa va vincere perché è sul suolo di casa ma su egli il rossi di isnt va vincere col 2 di pedrosa e con lo stoner nel luogo terzo ciò che ogni succede il suo andare essere una razza molto eccitando!

Its italian for those that didnt know!
    Have you been using Babelfish? Here's a guess, and I don't even speak Italian: The race is going to be a good one this Sunday, a lot of people think Pedrosa will win because it's his home race, but something something Rossi will win with Pedrosa in 2nd and Stoner in third place and it's going to be a very exciting race. Or something along those lines ...
    MotoGPMatters.com - MotoGP Analysis And Reports

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Anyway, I have a preview of the Jerez MotoGP round on my blog. Here's a taster:

Apocalypse Now

In the 18th century, the cream of London society would entertain themselves by taking a jaunt up towards Moorfields, pay a penny to the warden, and stroll through the wards of the Bethlem Royal Hospital to gawp at the antics of those who had the misfortune to suffer from mental illness in less enlightened times. The spectators would titter and gasp at what was known as the Freak Show, the spectacle of the poor lunatics screaming, howling, fighting, gesticulating and gibbering in a world of their own. As a result, the name of the hospital passed into common usage to represent any scene of uncontrolled madness, where noise, smell and spectacle do battle to subdue your senses.

Modern fun seekers can no longer turn to the mental hospitals to provide our entertainment, but they need not despair. For to experience bedlam in its fullest and most glorious sense, they need only make their way down to Jerez for the weekend of the MotoGP Gran Premio de Espana. For on that weekend, the first weekend that the MotoGP series returns to European soil, it is as if a contemporary Hieronymus Bosch had cast up in Southern Spain and unleashed his fevered imagination creating an orgy of surreal motorized mayhem. In the evenings, over 100,000 motorcycle racing fans take over the streets of the city of Jerez, and hold informal, alcohol-fueled stunt competitions deep into the night: modern scooters, brand new sports bikes, 80's muscle bikes and 70's motocross bikes all compete with each other to perform the most insane wheelies, stoppies, endos, and burnouts. All the while, the onlooking fans rev engines, honk horns and ignite skull-splittingly loud "firecrackers" which would be classified as weapons of mass destruction in any other country. The police stand forlornly by, secretly enjoying the spectacle while keeping the very worst of the excesses under control. But there is no guarding of public order or public safety, as the public is so very obviously not interested in either order or safety, and likely to turn violent should either be enforced. It is not uncommon for people to be seriously injured or even die during the evening's entertainment, but that's accepted as just being the risk you run to be part of the show. The spectacle is an assault on every sense imaginable, and a couple you didn't know you had. It truly is something to you have to see before you die. The problem is, it could well be the last thing you see before you die.

After the insanity of Saturday night, joining 130,000 screaming Spanish race fans to watch a bunch of 130 decibel racing motorcycles chasing round a track as fast as physically possible seems like a nice quiet way to recover from the previous evening's bacchanalia. The setting of the race is idyllic: the track nestles in the foothills of the Sierra de Grazalema mountains, in a surprisingly green part of Andalucia, and sweeps up and down the rolling terrain. The track itself is quite tight and technical, with few places to overtake, the best of which being the sharp Ducados hairpin before the start and finish straight, the place where Valentino Rossi dumped Sete Gibernau into the gravel on the final corner of the race in 2005, sealing Sete's fate before the season had even properly started. And with Rossi able to pass Casey Stoner into the final turn at Qatar, before being blitzed on the straight, the scene is set for another mighty battle at the second stop of the MotoGP season.

Read on...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Kropotkin

Apocalypse Now

In the 18th century, the cream of London society would entertain themselves by taking a jaunt up towards Moorfields, pay a penny to the warden, and stroll through the wards of the Bethlem Royal Hospital to gawp at the antics of those who had the misfortune to suffer from mental illness in less enlightened times. The spectators would titter and gasp at what was known as the Freak Show, the spectacle of the poor lunatics screaming, howling, fighting, gesticulating and gibbering in a world of their own. As a result, the name of the hospital passed into common usage to represent any scene of uncontrolled madness, where noise, smell and spectacle do battle to subdue your senses.

Modern fun seekers can no longer turn to the mental hospitals to provide our entertainment, but they need not despair. For to experience bedlam in its fullest and most glorious sense, they need only make their way down to Jerez for the weekend of the MotoGP Gran Premio de Espana. For on that weekend, the first weekend that the MotoGP series returns to European soil, it is as if a contemporary Hieronymus Bosch had cast up in Southern Spain and unleashed his fevered imagination creating an orgy of surreal motorized mayhem. In the evenings, over 100,000 motorcycle racing fans take over the streets of the city of Jerez, and hold informal, alcohol-fueled stunt competitions deep into the night: modern scooters, brand new sports bikes, 80's muscle bikes and 70's motocross bikes all compete with each other to perform the most insane wheelies, stoppies, endos, and burnouts. All the while, the onlooking fans rev engines, honk horns and ignite skull-splittingly loud "firecrackers" which would be classified as weapons of mass destruction in any other country. The police stand forlornly by, secretly enjoying the spectacle while keeping the very worst of the excesses under control. But there is no guarding of public order or public safety, as the public is so very obviously not interested in either order or safety, and likely to turn violent should either be enforced. It is not uncommon for people to be seriously injured or even die during the evening's entertainment, but that's accepted as just being the risk you run to be part of the show. The spectacle is an assault on every sense imaginable, and a couple you didn't know you had. It truly is something to you have to see before you die. The problem is, it could well be the last thing you see before you die.

After the insanity of Saturday night, joining 130,000 screaming Spanish race fans to watch a bunch of 130 decibel racing motorcycles chasing round a track as fast as physically possible seems like a nice quiet way to recover from the previous evening's bacchanalia. The setting of the race is idyllic: the track nestles in the foothills of the Sierra de Grazalema mountains, in a surprisingly green part of Andalucia, and sweeps up and down the rolling terrain. The track itself is quite tight and technical, with few places to overtake, the best of which being the sharp Ducados hairpin before the start and finish straight, the place where Valentino Rossi dumped Sete Gibernau into the gravel on the final corner of the race in 2005, sealing Sete's fate before the season had even properly started. And with Rossi able to pass Casey Stoner into the final turn at Qatar, before being blitzed on the straight, the scene is set for another mighty battle at the second stop of the MotoGP season.

Read on...

What ever your smoking I want some.............
    "We are in the ****, but the championship is long. Mugello will be difficult because of the long straight. But we will fight there with a knife between the teeth!" Valentino Rossi

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jidoka
    What ever your smoking I want some.............
    Well I do live in Holland ...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Excellent writings, Kropotkin. Finger on the pulse...
    Phantom... Bike Who Parks

"It's a tour, not a race... but don't get in my way while I'm touring!"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    MGP:

1. Rossi
    2. Stoner
    3. Capirossi

250cc:

1. Bautista (why not?)
    2. Lorenzo
    3. Alex de A

125cc:
    1. Faubel
    2. Pasini
    3. Talma

One of these days I'll write decent-sized posts about things like I used to
    "Of course, what many people tend to forget is that Glen Richards was 2nd in the 1993 Australian 125cc championship" - Jack Burnicle on BSB at Snetterton, June 2008

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Apocalypse Now

Read on...
    Your post reminds me to a movie of legend chinese actor Chow Yun Fat entitled 'Hamlet', there are a lot of figure of speech, nice one.

btw, my picks for jerez:

motogp
    1. Rossi
    2. Pedrosa
    3. Stoner

1. Lorenzo
    2. Dovi
    3. de Angelis

Whoever, preferably Pablo Nieto

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Have you been using Babelfish? Here's a guess, and I don't even speak Italian: The race is going to be a good one this Sunday, a lot of people think Pedrosa will win because it's his home race, but something something Rossi will win with Pedrosa in 2nd and Stoner in third place and it's going to be a very exciting race. Or something along those lines ...
    Whats Babelfish????

I dont use anything i dont need as i can speak fluent italian!!!

Ed il rossi di vincere!
    27 is the Number and Casey Stoner is the name!