Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Plan9
    I agree. I don't understand why we have been reduced to worrying about can car companies afford to invest in the WRC. Dude, these are CAR COMPAINES, even in bad years most companies have massive cash reserves (unless it is a certain Swedish brand that used to be amazing) and could easily invest in the WRC but they wont because they are so risk averse these days. i don't know when this will change but I expect more teams will be in the WRC when the world economy has recovered and the EU gets control of its finances. End of rant. =p
    Huh? What a complete load of crap. The only real companies in the world who are doing well are VAG, the Korean's and some of the Japanese brands. Most others are scraping by or losing money.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    Agree. It would be nice to see a FIAT car in the WRC, but Ferrari seem to come first....so there's no chance. Shame, I remember when we had Fiat, Lancia, Alfa-Romeo as well as Ferrari competing in F1, WRC, WSC, DTM, etc
    Another wet behind the ears person who doesn't get it. Don't you see that there will ALWAYS be more of a market for Ferrari's than there is for Fiat's, Lancia's and Alfa Romeo's?

Go check your facts and take a look at the sales figures and you'll see that Ferrari is a mass market brand far more worthy of promotion than the other brands you speak of. Don't you know that nowadays Lancia is a luxury brand?

P.S I'm sure Andy will see the sarcasm from a mile off, but for the rest of you.... this is SARCASM!!!!!
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Huh? What a complete load of crap. The only real companies in the world who are doing well are VAG, the Korean's and some of the Japanese brands. Most others are scraping by or losing money.
    Even then the Asian brands won't budge as they know how quickly things can go down the drain. Their corporate culture is conservative in comparison with Europe and USA. So they won't come to the party either for a while

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    +1 thanks for that Mitch555

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Plan9
    +1 thanks for that Mitch555
    Call me crazy, but Mitch didn't actually agree with your post?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    For that matter I didn't think that either of you understood it completely. I acknowledged that car companies have little money at the moment, but I was suggesting that if they really wanted to be involved in the WRC they could find the money, which I am sure some will once the economic crisis has been settled (who knows when that will be). I don't expect everyone to agree with eachother but I think it is important to remember that this is a place for opinions and it should be treated in that regard.

Liked 183 Times in 122 Posts
    I hope any further entries by Ferrari cars in rallies and targa events is more successful than this.

Enzo crashes into ocean at Targa Newfoundland 2011 - YouTube