Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ferrari should use the FF for WRC

If you look at modern day rally cars they're all hatchbacks, Citroen, Subaru, Ford, and even hyundai. With that I think that if Ferrari were to use their new Ferrari FF hatchback in WRC I personally think Ferrari would rack up a lot of wins on the rally circuit...What do you guys think???

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Welcome to the forum mate, however we'll never see the Ferrari FF do rallying...

1. It is a V12, not a 1.6L as required by the WRC.
    2. If I am correct, Ferrari are still owned by Fiat S.P.A. Ferrari would probably be last on their rallying list and would have companies such as Alfa Romeo, FIAT, Abarth and Lancia much higher on their priority list, especially since Ferrari are in F1.
    3. Ferrari have so much success using F1 as their marketing tool, it seems pointless going to rallying. The FF is no where near in line with the other cars even if it could compete, so there would be little benefit. Anyhow, who can afford to buy a Ferrari then drive it on gravel?

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    It's significantly longer than its potential competitors and would have a massively long bonnet which the both the Celica ST185 and ST205 were criticised for.
    As far as I know only the Ferrari 308GTB was used in rallying to limited success.

What commercial advantage is there for FIAT SpA to sully the Ferrari brand it it turns out be a flop? Why bother?
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Carnegie
    rally circuit...
    No...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't think that any car from the Fiat family will be in the WRC sadly. I would have like the new Stratos to do the GT class but I think that Ferrari said no to the prototype being developed for production. I am not sure that Arbath would do anything more than the IRC commitment either. But it would be fun to see a Ferrari one day!!!!!

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    Ferrari doesn't know what's WRC in last 20 years.

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Plan9
    I don't think that any car from the Fiat family will be in the WRC sadly. I would have like the new Stratos to do the GT class but I think that Ferrari said no to the prototype being developed for production. I am not sure that Arbath would do anything more than the IRC commitment either. But it would be fun to see a Ferrari one day!!!!!
    Agree. It would be nice to see a FIAT car in the WRC, but Ferrari seem to come first....so there's no chance. Shame, I remember when we had Fiat, Lancia, Alfa-Romeo as well as Ferrari competing in F1, WRC, WSC, DTM, etc

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    Agree. It would be nice to see a FIAT car in the WRC, but Ferrari seem to come first....so there's no chance. Shame, I remember when we had Fiat, Lancia, Alfa-Romeo as well as Ferrari competing in F1, WRC, WSC, DTM, etc
    the only difference was that the budget all these car makes used to do all these things back in the day was 50% lower than what ferrari uses in F1 today....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T
    the only difference was that the budget all these car makes used to do all these things back in the day was 50% lower than what ferrari uses in F1 today....
    I agree. I don't understand why we have been reduced to worrying about can car companies afford to invest in the WRC. Dude, these are CAR COMPAINES, even in bad years most companies have massive cash reserves (unless it is a certain Swedish brand that used to be amazing) and could easily invest in the WRC but they wont because they are so risk averse these days. i don't know when this will change but I expect more teams will be in the WRC when the world economy has recovered and the EU gets control of its finances. End of rant. =p

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T
    No...
    What's up with you NOT? Have a little bit of imagination, I'm actually quite coming around to this idea of a rally circuit where the the rallies race each other. I imagine that the gravel rallies would have a big advantage with tarmac being so heavy, I mean I can't imagine the whole of the Monte Carlo being incredibly fast being weighed down by all of that tarmac and ice.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.