Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts

888 finally ditch the Vectra

For an NGTC car! Wonder what they'll built. Can't help but feel they may have a manufacturer programme lined up.
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Im better its Vauxhall. they did say they wanted to come back so who knows. i just hope Chevy say if they do come back
    Rickard Rydell 2011 STCC CHAMPION!!! :D

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    so we should have Wrathall in the Toyota, 2xRob Austin Audi's, The Proton, A Skoda, the Dynamics Hondas and whatever Triple 8 run (i'm guessing that they will take over the Insignia project Thorney motorsport started and i've heard nothing about for a while and be at least a quais manufacturer VX team. I think there are another coupe of toyotas expected next year too. I expect that most of the rest of the teams will end up being NGTC by next year, maybe the BMW's will stick with S2000 but will be with turbo engines and god knows what RML will do. I fully expect NGTC to be the pacesetting cars next year
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    I'd read that the Vectras were going to be raced in Dubai in the 24hr race in 2012. This means that the cars themselves aren't being junked yet.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

The Thorney Insignia project is still going ahead btw, if you haven't heard anything about it you haven't been looking hard enough! Official unveiling of the team, car(s) and sponsor(s) is to take place the weekend before the Silverstone rounds in October. I'm very much looking forward to seeing what they have in store!!

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfa Fan
    The Thorney Insignia project is still going ahead btw, if you haven't heard anything about it you haven't been looking hard enough! Official unveiling of the team, car(s) and sponsor(s) is to take place the weekend before the Silverstone rounds in October. I'm very much looking forward to seeing what they have in store!!
    I haven't looked at all really, but there have been no updates that i have seen here, on BTTC.net, Autosport or Touring Car times since about April when it said they would be at the last round. As with so many touted projects I assumed that it had fallen by the wayside, but with 888 on the scene and with a history of running VX's is makes some sense that they may bring that project in house. If they don't I don't think they'll be running VX's as well.
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

This week's Auto Action magazine reports that 888 will be building a pair of Vectras for the 2012 season. I don't know what that means exactly.

I had a chat to a friend at 888 at Banyo, Qld and he said that he hadn't heard anything coming from the UK about what they were going to do, other than that they were bench testing a few NGTC engines.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    Vectras? Why would they build an out dated car, surely they mean the Insignia?

Quote Originally Posted by Allyc85
    Vectras? Why would they build an out dated car, surely they mean the Insignia?
    Why? Because all of the suspension geometry and settings, already exists.
    The way I read this is that the 2012 season is a stop gap measure because something else is coming in 2013.

Does this mean to suggest that there could be another manufacturer in the wings?

If it was a stop gap they would not be building an NGTC car! They would be sticking with the S2000 Vectra. An NGTC Vectra isn't even possible, the car is out of production and thus ineligible.