Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts
    I assume you mean the Massa/Hamilton thing. I don't see what the problem was there: Felipe congratulated Lewis on a good job done. That's nice
    https://wordpress.com/stats/insights/stugrovesf1.wordpress.com

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tixy54
    Whilst picking up our coats, cushions etc at Rockingham yesterday, 18/09/2011, I commented to my wife that I really don't care who wins the championship this year.

BTCC, in my opinion, has degraded into childish bickering amongst drivers, childish and dangerous driving tactics, rule changes here, there and everywhere just to appease whoever is whinging the loudest at the time.
    This:

Quote Originally Posted by Allyc85
    Drivers have been bickering and falling out for years, its nothing new!

Do you not remember Rydell and Reid at Brands and again Reid when he fell out with Thompson at Silverstone? Theres probably plenty more, but people seem very keen to jump on the anti-BTCC band wagon at the moment and its getting so boring to read!
    Neal & Plato are competitive and in it to win it.

Judging by a recent Motorsport Magazine article admitting they're there to put on a show doesn't particularly help matters.

Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    and I've always seen touring cars as a form of light relief.
    Same here. The technical bickerings haven't helped, with the way things in NASCAR now it is too much of a good thing and with trying to reduce the amount of motorsport I watch I don't follow BTCC as much these days.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    The technical bickerings haven't helped, with the way things in NASCAR now it is too much of a good thing and with trying to reduce the amount of motorsport I watch I don't follow BTCC as much these days.
    Well, I sincerely hope an end gets put to the technical bickering next year, by virtue of all the top teams running NGTC equipment. If that's the end result of this year's debacle, it will almost have been worthwhile, because NGTC surely promises to be an excellent formula when everyone's running to it.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    BTCC has never been better imo.

Only thing that annoys me is Plato whining all the time. GET A TURBO, FFS!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inimitablestoo
    I assume you mean the Massa/Hamilton thing. I don't see what the problem was there: Felipe congratulated Lewis on a good job done. That's nice
    To be honest, drivers like Lewis who take big risks make the action much more entertaining

Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts
    Indeed. He'd be great in a touring car...
    https://wordpress.com/stats/insights/stugrovesf1.wordpress.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    There is always this periodic state of flux in the BTCC until rules are homogenised and even then, Alan likes to "spice" things up a little.

Matt and Jason are part of the theatre which makes up a colourful and exciting series. Cleaning it up and trying to even out all the regulations would stifle the series rather than enhance it.

Sometimes, you just need to enjoy the drama for the sake of drama.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on
    There is always this periodic state of flux in the BTCC until rules are homogenised and even then, Alan likes to "spice" things up a little.

Matt and Jason are part of the theatre which makes up a colourful and exciting series. Cleaning it up and trying to even out all the regulations would stifle the series rather than enhance it.

Sometimes, you just need to enjoy the drama for the sake of drama.
    I wouldn't class myself as someone with a short attention span, yet I would have to be paid substantial sums of money to attend a DTM race again. I did so last year and was bored so rigid I left before the end. That has never happened at a BTCC meeting.

As for the rules, they will even themselves out when everybody is running an NGTC car.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inimitablestoo
    Would you please refrain from 'dirtying' this Touring Car forum with the mention of that other so called 'race series'.
    Nissan Racing Micra - :smokin:

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    For me the way TOCA damaged the Hondas more than the other turbos, just for Plato's sake, left a sour taste in my mouth. For a long time I didn't watch the races. I am happy that Neal won, but I'm not sure that I will watch more races next year...
    Formula 1