Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast
    Liked 844 Times in 390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE
    It was announced at the podium this evening that the rally will continue for at least another three years Hopefully some of you think about coming to visit
    To me the roads of Rally Scotland are wonderful, also Scotland has one of the most beautiful landscape of the world, so I'd like to come over there

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE
    It was announced at the podium this evening that the rally will continue for at least another three years Hopefully some of you think about coming to visit
    Great news!! I went in 2009, I very much hope I'll be there next year. Hope it doesn't clash with anything.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 24 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hari
    In comparison to last year there are only some kilometers of stages the same and those are driven in opposite direction. So it should be new to all.
    Also consider that last year we did not have any rain in Cyprus until mid December so the stages were very hard, dry and dusty. This year, especially in the area of the rally there was and still is a lot of raining. If the weather continuous like that it may end up as the 2002 WRC event.

Liked 34 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto
    I would like to come to Scotland, but I dont like this cold, rainy and muddy weather...
    Next year, when the rally is supposed to be in February, it will be much warmer in Scotland than in the Czech Republic at that time... And it wasn't cold in Scotland last weekend, as it was nearly 20 degrees.

It is good to see that there is an IRC rally on gravel without dust.

Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Here's a link to a bigger and more readable version of the points score table I made yesterday.
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii
    I mean the total points for drivers Tolis.

υγ μην βαριεσαι λολ

Congrats to Andreas for a win was waiting for long time.Fast and controlling the rally with Juho is not something easy
    Also congrats to Neuville.Fast learner even at gravel.
    Wilks would like to forget the whole year.When he was fast ,he had exits.When no exits breakdowns.
    Kopecky not at all good for a champion.With such a pace from Jan i think that Juho MUST go to Cyprus...
    Agree with all of this. Andreas was very good....Neuville impressed with his learning even after some mistakes. Bouffier too.

Wilks, Gardemeister...both too slow and in Guy's case so careless that I think next year he will struggle to find a seat if Peugeot UK decide to pull the funding.

Kopecky...just a bad day at the office I guess? Never seemed like he was on it in Scotland.
    :champion: WRC3 championship, WRC4 championship, WRC4 PCWRC, WRC4 ERC
    Winner - TRD2 Bathurst:burnout:

Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by focus206
    I wouldn't count Kopecky out... I think that in Cyprus he will do the same as in Scotland, he will "waits"... and since Cyprus has very "hard" and difficult roads, they may be many retirements and problems, so this tactic could pay, but obviously it's always difficult make predictions.
    Waiting for others' mistakes won't be an option for Jan in Cyprus. He practically must finish first to win the title. Hänninen has the upper hand, I think, but better not to think about whole the time while waiting for the rally to start and finish.

Jarkko Nikara was handed the Colin McRae IRC Flat Out Trophy. He so deserved it. In his website it says that he had a puncture right before he went wide and got stranded in a ditch.
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartusvuori
    Jarkko Nikara was handed the Colin McRae IRC Flat Out Trophy. He so deserved it. In his website it says that he had a puncture right before he went wide and got stranded in a ditch.
    I was actually going to post the opposite! He did some good stages but he wasn't that much quicker than Bogie I thought and also didn't finish the rally. Andreas definitely would have had it, but I guess they don't like to give it to the same person twice in one year?

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by I am evil Homer
    Kopecky...just a bad day at the office I guess? Never seemed like he was on it in Scotland.
    I feel the same way about Kopecky as I do about Mikko Hirvonen. Capable but always a bit too cautious.

I can imagine him being a bit better in Cyprus if the conditions aren't too tricky - he was much closer to the pace on Azores than he was here.

Liked 212 Times in 133 Posts
    I think since his crash in Ypres shakedown he started taking it a bit too easy.