Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Return to Belle Isle?????

It looks like it:

Detroit Grand Prix could return in 2012 | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

An application has been made to the Detroit City Council for the race to be held June 1-3, 2012.

Bud Denker, chairman of the Detroit Grand Prix Association, said today he hopes the application will go before the council for approval next week.
    Has the economy made a quick comeback in Michigan or is Chevy being hit up to pick up the tab?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Decent size fanbase for IndyCar there, but the race always sucked. If they reworked the course, maybe it would be worth visiting again.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    China Detroit Fontana and a second in brazil ....makes ya wonder what's not coming back
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahFan
    China Detroit Fontana and a second in brazil ....makes ya wonder what's not coming back
    IMS...?

Oh wait, I thought we were talking about CART.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Seriously? They are going back to that crap hole of a track? They sure have a knack of going to road courses where they will be assured of virtually no passing. Barber, Sonoma, Mid Ohio and now this place. Detroit has never been good racing and it won't be any better now. Oh well, everybody loves a parade, right?

It's got to be Penske and Chevy driving this, Wilf. No other reason in the world to go there otherwise. If they are going to copy CART, why do they have to copy the worst of CART?

The beginning of the year I said I thought Randy had a good first year and hoped he had an even better second one. He hasn't.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I cannot think of a worse idea for ICS. Detroit is a decayed urban failure that has high crime, high unemployment, high government corruption, heck- they're bulldozing acres or empty buildings back to pastures to cut the blight. Nobody in Detroit would be able to afford a ticked and nobody but nobody will travel to Detroit as a "destination" for a weekend getaway at the races, it has none of the charm or attraction of Baltimore for example... If it wasn't for "Hardcore pawn" I would have though Detoit disappeared years ago ...

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    It appears Street courses are going to make up 50% of the schedule. I love most street courses, but I live in Michigan and still don't think that Belle Isle needs a date.
    Kyle Busch #18 M&M's Toyota Camry
    Dario Franchitti #10 Target Honda Dallara DW12

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I am 4 hours and change up the road and I never felt the urge to go down and watch the Indycars on Belle Isle. The old Street course that F1 used had more cachet for me.....

If they took out some of the stupid turns that cause the follow the leader effect, MAYBE the racing would be different....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    the problem is that as good as the racing is on ovals - you can't pay the bills when only 15,000 people turn up (1/2 of which are there because they were given free tickets). like it or not, a street race will attract a crowd + corporate boxes. you might not like it but its a fact.

China/Brazil are/will be there because of money, but hey - there is nothing wrong with the Brazil race (track is good, USAtime zone, crowd is very good and it makes lots of money).

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Now a FACT !!!

How can indycar succeed when they keep making all the wrong moves ???

I cannot think of a worse idea for ICS. Detroit is a decayed urban failure that has high crime, high unemployment, high government corruption, heck- they're bulldozing acres or empty buildings back to pastures to cut the blight. Nobody in Detroit would be able to afford a ticket and nobody but nobody will travel to Detroit as a "destination" for a weekend getaway at the races, it has none of the charm or attraction of Baltimore for example... If it wasn't for "Hardcore pawn" I would have though Detroit disappeared years ago ...