Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfa Fan
    Does anyone else enjoy the irony that America's most famous racing driver has never actually won a race in America, at any level.
    Where is it shown that she is America's most famous racing driver?
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beachbum
    but....but.... what will we talk about?

The Racing....for a change....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roy
    ESPN keeps trying to make her that now she is driving in Nationwide....you get the top 5 interviewed..and Danica....even if she did nothing and finished a lap down in 20th...
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    She's all yours now leeroy....
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by schumacher180
    I had the most respect for Danica until she started whining about road courses this year... Simona de Silvestro has talent but if we talk about the racing she's exactly vice versa... She's not good on ovals but very good on road courses. But at least she enjoys racing on an oval and is not constantly whining about them. Simona is a good person and I wish her the best in the rest of her IndyCar career.

The company GoDaddy should be renamed to GoDanica. Better they put some money in Sebastian Vettel... He's ruining F1 with winning anything right now, but the guy has plenty of talent... Danica knows how to drive a car, but she's not a Franchitti, Power, Vettel, Michael Schumacher, Ayrton Senna or Alain Prost to take some examples. She's more a Ralf Schumacher, a driver who (as already mentioned) knows how to drive a car, but is not a real winner. Her only win was also a very lucky one, but we have to notice that Castroneves' win at Kentucky last year was going in exactly the same way. While I like it to bash on Danica; I won't do it constantly. I don't like it either if people were bashing all the time on my favorite drivers..
    Danica shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as those guys. Open Wheel racing in America has always had a balance of ovals and road and street courses. Danica was brought up racing road courses (apparently forgot how to race on them) and the fact that she complains and openly admits that since the merger there are too many road courses for her liking and that played a large role in her leaving Indycar.

She has no more respect for the rich history of American Open Wheel racing, therefore I have no respect for her.
    Kyle Busch #18 M&M's Toyota Camry
    Dario Franchitti #10 Target Honda Dallara DW12

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    The Racing....for a change....
    Or RACERS, like Simona, Katherine (if she does make it back next year), and in a past tense, Sarah.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 00steven
    Danica shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as those guys. Open Wheel racing in America has always had a balance of ovals and road and street courses. Danica was brought up racing road courses (apparently forgot how to race on them) and the fact that she complains and openly admits that since the merger there are too many road courses for her liking and that played a large role in her leaving Indycar.

She has no more respect for the rich history of American Open Wheel racing, therefore I have no respect for her.
    She only thinks in circles... It's not a problem if Danica has that opinion, but she doesn't have to complain about it constantly. She better keeps her mouth shut. Does she also write with her left hand anyway? xD It's also funny to know that her two front row starts on road courses were both on tracks where the first turn is a left turn. :
    October 16th, 2011 - One of the blackest days in the history of motorsports.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Amongst race fans, casual and hardcore, she's probably not one of the most discussed ones. But certainly outside of the racing fanbase, she's the most talked about driver, with only Jr. at a similar level.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NickFalzone
    Amongst race fans, casual and hardcore, she's probably not one of the most discussed ones. But certainly outside of the racing fanbase, she's the most talked about driver, with only Jr. at a similar level.
    Yeah, I'd have to give the nod to either Junior or Jeff Gordon. I'd have to rate Jimmie Johnson as the best current American driver, but he just doesn't get the attention that his success should bring.
    "Risk sweetens everything" - Peter Revson (1939 - 1974)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roy
    The proper word may be "infamous"
    I read it on the internet, so it must be true