Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Smile West Surrey Racing Competition

If any of you entered into the Ebay Motors WSR BTCC competition to win a track day with Rob Collard and Nick Foster then you are all out of luck. I on the other hand am in a slightly different position because I WON!

Full track day with Rob and Nick at Bedford Autodrome on 5 October. Oh yeah baby!

Will let you all know how it goes.

:ninja: silent and deadly :ninja:

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I'm dead chuffed for you
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What car(s) will you be using?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain VXR
    What car(s) will you be using?
    As of yet the details are a bit sketchy, I do know that we will get hot laps as passengers of Rob and Nick and we get to play in others with tuition from them but other than that I don't but will let you all know.

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    You lucky git, enjoy!

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    you, sir, are a colossal ass hat!

hope you enjoy it though, please do report back for those of us who never win anything
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Just about recovering from my little outing yesterday, but some of the bruising is going to take a while to disappear.

The day started with breakfast at the venue, meeting the other drivers in my group etc, there were 9 including me in my group. We started off with 12 laps in Caterham Superlights around a fairly short course with an instructor beside us. Moved on to 8 laps in race prep'd BMW M3s on a longer and faster track, again with an instructor pushing you hard(115mph before braking hard into a third gear corner at one point). This was followed by a quick trip in a go cart and then on to the biggest track of the day, 1.8 miles in length if I remember rightly where we did two different cars. The first was a Jaguar powered Le Mans prototype, again with an instructor. incredibly fast but it was nothing compared to the Formula Jaguar single seater. Proper race car with full slick tyres and aero bits, six speed box and 300+bhp meant it would take a long right-hand bend in 5th gear at 120mph with me behind the wheel, truly awesome! This was followed by five high speed laps sitting next to Rob Collard in his BTCC car, wow I thought I was driving fast! We then had lunch. After lunch we then did the off-road course in Landrover Defenders and a Caterham pursuit not just against the clock but two cars competing on identical tracks. We finished the day on a medium track in Renault Clio Cup racers and the last drive of the day for us was in Porsche 911 GT3s. Nick Hamilton was one of the Clio instructors.

It was an absolutely fanstastic day. There were 45 drivers at the track in total and although I didn't win any of the trophies, I came 6th out of 45 in the Clios, was mid-table in just about everything else and finished a quite respectable 21st over all for the days events. The trouble is I want to go back and do it all over again now but at £945 per day per person it's a little on the expensive side but worth every penny.

Check out the website to see what you could do too, if you got a pound or two to spare

PalmerSport 2011 - the best corporate motorsport event in the world