Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Knockhill 2011

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Webster
    Yeh I agree that Knockhill would show the biggest differences in car type although Collard had no problem in race 3 and the speed traps only showed 1-2 mph difference between Honda, Chevvy and VX. I think Rockingham will be a lot closer!
    Which completely misses the point. The nature of the acceleration of the turbo cars was the problem. Knockhill underlined to me more strongly than ever the fact that next year has to be all-turbo amongst the front-running teams, for there is no way TOCA can sort the situation out through technical means.

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Wasn't that long ago that Knockhill was dropped from the BTCC calendar and everyone was saying the track was finished and a return to Scotland would require a brand new track in the central belt.

Great to see Knockhill still going strong, probably my favourite track.
    And motorsport news is reporting that next year the track could be run in reverse as it has a license to run in both directions!

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by I am evil Homer
    Top speed wasn't the issue...it was the torque within a rev range that allowed Boardman to close up on Plato and clearly carry far more speed mid-turn.
    The other good example in race three was Jackson passing Foster. Foster's exit from the hairpin was fine, but Jackson was simply able to power past him along what is a fairly short straight, such that he could turn in to the first corner ahead. The BMW stood no chance at all.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy king
    Boardman ended another drivers race un-doubtably....A black flag should have been used to end Boardman's race....I don't see how these moves are let go?
    I agree, it was a fairly faint tap but it still ended Plato's race. Surely at least a time penalty / drive through should have been given? I can't find any reference to it online so I assume that no action has been taken?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Its no different what Tom B did than what happens in F1 where the lead driver will make those behind bunch up then fire away
    Its not his fault those behind where not alert enough then crash into each other. they where caught napping.
    It wont happen again in BTCC thats for sure as everyone will be on their guard.
    As for him nudging Jason Plato if he is catching him and slows hes bound to be nudged, plato has probably done it in the past sometime or another in his career.

I was glad to see the Audi and Toyota up there as it makes a change to watching the same cars at the front.
    Knockhill was one of the better rounds in that the Fords didnt do aswell as they usually do and please read this as I want to see different cars do well and those that are at the front dont always have good races.

The BTCC has been spot on this year and I wonder if Mr Plato was offered another drive by a turbo team next year would he go for it because if he did then the moaning would hopefully stop
    Hes a dam good driver but you get sick of hearing the yapping round after round