Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Knockhill 2011

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Had a fantastic day yesterday watching the BTCC at Knockhill - face is still sunburnt! As for Mr Boardman, as we watched his "re-start" unfold and the resulting carnage, I was convinced he would get into trouble because of it. He nearly overtook the safety car on the straight!

Then there was that awkward moment when everyone at the hairpin cheered when Shedden took the lead in race two, and I loudly swore as I'm not a fan! I got some strange looks!
    I aim to live forever - so far so good...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wasn't this always going to be an "awkward" track for the N/A cars? Would have thought (an happily be proved wrong) that the turbos were always going to be stronger here? Think they were all fairly close on times last time out at Snet? Or are we going to have the case where we have different turbo levels for each track?

Now ready to be shot down in flames...

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    I thought it would be obvious that the turbo cars would havea big advantage up the start finish straight tbh and it would be enough for them to stay ahead in the twistier bits.

Seems like Boardman has kept his win though!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think Boardman's race restart style is just plain dim. He doesn't give himself a chance to get a lead on the pack while always causing problems. He did the same thing twice for F's sake
    Please ignore ALL of the above....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yeh I agree that Knockhill would show the biggest differences in car type although Collard had no problem in race 3 and the speed traps only showed 1-2 mph difference between Honda, Chevvy and VX. I think Rockingham will be a lot closer!

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Top speed wasn't the issue...it was the torque within a rev range that allowed Boardman to close up on Plato and clearly carry far more speed mid-turn. Can't say I was particularly impressed by his antics in Race 3
    :champion: WRC3 championship, WRC4 championship, WRC4 PCWRC, WRC4 ERC
    Winner - TRD2 Bathurst:burnout:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You have to commend Rob Collard though, he just gets on with the job and gives it 100% everytime.... plus I find his strangely childish voice quite funny
    Please ignore ALL of the above....

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Wasn't that long ago that Knockhill was dropped from the BTCC calendar and everyone was saying the track was finished and a return to Scotland would require a brand new track in the central belt.

Great to see Knockhill still going strong, probably my favourite track.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    That was one of many strange things that happened in Richard West's time in charge. To be fair to him though, he was the one who reinstated it as well.
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurotech
    You have to commend Rob Collard though, he just gets on with the job and gives it 100% everytime....
    I couldn't agree more. His driving has really impressed me this year. Even when the car could barely get into the top dozen, as at Thruxton, he was on the limit yet behaving with good sense.