Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thumbs up Motorsport.com mailing list

I've just received a 'newsletter' from motorsport.com that I did not agree to receive - it seems they have stolen the database of information from the forum and are using it to spam members who never want to receive motorsport.com information.

Is there anything that can be done about this?

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    It does say
    You are receiving this email because you are a member of the Motorsport.com community.

There will be thousands who did not join through Motorsport.com and thus didn't join the Motorsport.com community and thus shouldn't be receiving this email.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndySpeed
    Is there anything that can be done about this?
    Kill them..... Kill them all.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 677 Times in 473 Posts
    I got mine and went to log in to remove my account. My log in information has obviously been changed, so I couldn't log in to do that. So I hit the unsubscribe button and it came up with a poll to ask why I was unsubscribing.

I hit "other" which allows you to type in a comment. I said I wouldn't support any website that stole it's forums and attempted to steals those forum members off the hard work of another. I then also mentioned that it seemed to be working really well for them. The busiest thead not from this "real original" forum had 2 replies in the F1 section. Most threads had no replies. Serves them right.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Just to confirm that any emailings you have from motorsport.com are nothing to do with Motorsport Forums and if you have received one the email will have been obtained by them restoring a backup copy of the forums after they decided to delete my user account.

Some members may have joined through motorsport.com; most will not so I'm sure many will be surprised to be on that mailing list.

Personally I hate unsocilitied emails so I can only apologise on behalf of motosport.com who I'm sure sent emails to Motorsport Forums members by mistake....

If you no longer wish to receive mailings from them unfortunately you'd have to go through their unsubscription process as this isn't something I have any control over.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I'm not sure if they'll respect a request to unsubscribe you - they don't seem to be bothered about playing by the rules - and obviously UK or EU Data Protection laws don't apply. Annoying though spam may be, simply add their domain to your filter and you should never hear from them again.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Once I'd removed everything from my account there, a while back I changed the e-mail address to something non-functioning (that wouldn't put a load on any innocent server or account) and seem to have escaped the spam.

PS: If your login information isn't working but your e-mail is, because you got the newsletter, you can use the password reset function to gain access.

Unfortunately even with laws some places think an unsubscribe request has an expiry date afterwhich they can start sending again anyway...

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I got myself banned and then they finally agreed to delete me way back when. I did not receive any email from them this time as in their eyes I no longer exist. Maybe this will work for you too (?)
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ