Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The F1 race in Dallas? I don't know that I would point to that as an example, as it seems just about dead out of the water before the first race.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter
    Guess you haven't been following the second GP in the USA news eh?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by downtowndeco
    The F1 race in Dallas? I don't know that I would point to that as an example, as it seems just about dead out of the water before the first race.
    That would be a proper road course (if it ever makes it) I think he is referring to the street race in New Jersey for 2013 - that actually sounds pretty solid - although I am hard pressed to see how either race will pay.....

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    The state has already frozen the personal assets of most of the BRD folks and they can probably say buh-bye to their homes and such. They'll get their state taxes. The state loans aren't small. More than one of the parties suing the organizers were actually family members and/or former partners. I suspect their "share" will be at the botom of the list and have a large "-" in front of their share. The contractors that built the course and provided services will unfortunatley be in line, but they should be top of the line. City services and the fee for using the stadium and Convention center can/could easily be waived to make things happen considering employeed have been paid already and considered a city contribution.
    I still firmly beleve much of the money was squandered/ spent in the year leading up to the race by a team way over it's head trying to making things happen. The big IF is can they find a well capitalized promoter, sign a new deal with Indycar and get back to it full tilt in about 60 days? I'll take the same approach I did last year, remain optomistic and wait to buy my tickets until I see walls going up.
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by downtowndeco
    Actually, it's in Austin, not Dallas; and the money has already been paid to Ecclestone.
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    It had already been paid by Bahrain as well, but i didn't see a race this year, even after postponements. Paying Bernie only guarantees you have less money today than you did yesterday. just sayin
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigelred5
    It had already been paid by Bahrain as well, but i didn't see a race this year, even after postponements. Paying Bernie only guarantees you have less money today than you did yesterday. just sayin
    Weel, I guess if violent and deadly protests against the government breaks out in Austin like it did in Bahrain and the F1 community doesn't feel safe in traveling there, that could be an impediment.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahFan
    Taking into account recent attendance why would anyone want to promote an oval?

Honest question
    Crickets

???
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I heard that vendors are owed over $12 million and that the city is owed $1.5 Million.

Who would want to step up and take on that mess? Vendors will be leery to invest and the media/public will force the City of Baltimore to hover over a new promoter like a vulture.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter
    The city's contract with BRD is terminated. Any new promoter, should anyone care to step up, has no obligation for the debts run up by BRD. Essentially they would get to start with a clean slate. And run up their own debts.
    Clean slate? Yea....Sure.....!

Hi there. I am the new promoter of the Baltimore race. What? The last guys still owe you $1000's? Yes, we are going to put on the same event but you can trust us! We plan to make enough money to pay you. Forget that the very same event lost tons of money and couldn't pay their bills. Trust me!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi there. I am the new promoter of the Baltimore race. What? The last guys still owe you $1000's? Yes, we are going to put on the same event but you can trust us! We plan to make enough money to pay you. Forget that the very same event lost tons of money and couldn't pay their bills. Trust me!!!
    You forgot . . .

And just think of all the good things that will be said about you in the press, and the citizens of Baltimore will just love you.