Thread: Martin Hines

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Martin Hines

My the legend that was Martin Hines RIP.

remember watching him back in 2002 and watching him in his blue classic bmw 2002. never got to meet him what a bloke he was. i take my hat off to him for what he has achieved over the years and what he has done for motorsport.

"Mr Karting" now zipping around in heaven
    Rickard Rydell 2011 STCC CHAMPION!!! :D

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    RIP

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    RIP Mr Karting

Zip Karts conveyor belt reads like a who's who.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It is a sad day for all of us in motorsport, when someone who is part of its institution passes away.

May you rest in peace and with out pain Mr. Hines and may your family hold dear to their hearts the legend that you were for so many in the sport.

For myself, I remember being inspired towards gearbox karting back in the late 80's early 90's by him and even remember seeing him on Blue Peter, driving into the studio in his Zip 250 was huge back then and awesome.

I had the pleasure of getting to know Martin in recent years, though our work in the sport. He was who he was, a man's man, knew what he wanted and made a difference to the sport.

I remember chatting to him at autosport about one of our clients products he stocked and was asking him why he did not have them at the show! his reply "He are just over there, in the same hall, it would not be fair if I was competing against him!" That was respectful!

Mr. Hines will be sorely missed and I regret not being able to follow up on a kind invitation he gave me. to pop into GPR and chat about some of the great pictures he had on the walls, Some great stories I will never now hear!

He WAS a great man in the sport and no one could question what he has done for the sport over the many years of his involvement.

Our hearts go out to his family and close friends at this sad time.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    RIP 'Mr Karting' a legend and a great loss.
    Please ignore ALL of the above....