Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts

Maldonado and Hamilton @ Spa

I hope you don't mind me opening a thread for this - but if we decide that the punishment given to Maldonado (if he gets one) isn't harsh enough, this thread is going to have quite a few pages.

I didn't see most of the incident (I was looking at the computer screen when they showed it on TV), and only saw Maldonado actually hitting Lewis. From what I've heard, it's Maldonado's fault, and a deliberate move into Hamilton for having overtaken him in the Bus Stop. However, this is what I've read in one of the comments in Joe Saward's blog:

Hamilton moved twice. Maldonado kept his line – cushy though it was.
    Looked like HAM may have initially moved to let him past just as MAL was attempting to pass; the second hit was Lewis in to the side of Pastor.

What do you think about this? Does anyone have a video of the incident? Do you think that Hamilton might be getting a penalty as well for it?

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Please close this - I just forgot about the "Lifetime ban please" thread.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N4D13
    I hope you don't mind me opening a thread for this - but if we decide that the punishment given to Maldonado (if he gets one) isn't harsh enough, this thread is going to have quite a few pages.

I didn't see most of the incident (I was looking at the computer screen when they showed it on TV), and only saw Maldonado actually hitting Lewis. From what I've heard, it's Maldonado's fault, and a deliberate move into Hamilton for having overtaken him in the Bus Stop. However, this is what I've read in one of the comments in Joe Saward's blog:

Hamilton moved twice. Maldonado kept his line – cushy though it was.
    Looked like HAM may have initially moved to let him past just as MAL was attempting to pass; the second hit was Lewis in to the side of Pastor.

What do you think about this? Does anyone have a video of the incident? Do you think that Hamilton might be getting a penalty as well for it?
    No matter what happens there is no reason for Maldonado to be cutting left across Lewis there. So either way the poster is wrong. It will be interesting to see what the Stewards have to say about it. They will have the best view and decision making tools at their disposal about the incident. It may be that we are all wrong. I very much doubt that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Maldonado handed grid penalty for clash with Hamilton - The Williams driver Pastor Maldonado has handed a five-place grid penalty for his theatrical event with Lewis Hamilton in Belgium Q2. Maldonado appeared to strike back following touching wheels with his competitor in the last period of Q2, resulting in the stewards' judgment that does not involve Hamilton's starting grid.

Maldonado was adjudged to have been more at fault in the incident and will be moved back from 16th to 21st on the grid

Videos: Hamilton and Maldonado crash in 2011 Belgian Qualifying Q2
    http://www.formula1onlive.com/2011/0...-crash-in.htmlhttp://www.formula1onlive.com/2011/0...-crash-in.html

I think its good decision of the FIA