Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Back to incar camera positions. Here are some good examples:

Guy Wilks - Kronos 207 S2000

Václav Pech - Evo IX R4

Thierry Neuville - Kronos 207 S2000

Thierry Neuville - Kronos 207 S2000

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    And dont forget, those views are also broadcast LIVE!! So why cant WRC do the same with camera views?!
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    I think the main problem is that Europsort is a dedicated sports channel... i doubt any normal channel would cripple its program to broadcast the WRC, since it would have to broadcast the special stage, then have a break, then broadcast again ects...its easy for eurosport because they do that in their normal broadcasting 24/7.

I think the Live power stage is a good start, maybe in the future we can have 1 stage broadcasted live on each day. that would keep the viewers (rally and nonrally) interested in the event throughout its 3 day duration.

Liked 1,093 Times in 491 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T
    I think their priority is to make more money and in their case better footage will make more people interested which will raise their profits, Darkstar has nothing to lose to send them a sample of his work. The worst case senario would be that they do not pay attention to it, but every other senario will benefit everyone from North-one to us rally fans.
    I agree with that and I'd say "Go on, submit your reel" but there's a really big chance of the worst case scenario - no answer from NOS.

Darkstar, the line between a pro and amateur cameraman is so thin that making that step forwards is easy. The difference comes in how the work is done and the quality of the shots. Sometimes dreams are closer to reality than you think
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

Liked 1,885 Times in 738 Posts
    It would be cool if North One had a shootout to try out new cameramen
    I'm offered work in Norway to film rally and other motorsports but i find it more fun to do it on my own (even after 10 hours of editing like yesterday) doing the WRC would be totally different though
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    First off, great topic and glad to see so much input from everyone. What about the Russian investor Antonov, and his investment in North One? Wasn't this supposed to provide the capital for radical upgrades in WRC coverage? In reviewing all of the past seasons back to 1984, it seems to me that coverage reached its peak in the 2000/2001, just prior to the tech bubble crash. I assume that was because there was a lot more cash available for helicopter footage, etc.?

Liked 1,252 Times in 681 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by olschl
    First off, great topic and glad to see so much input from everyone. What about the Russian investor Antonov, and his investment in North One? Wasn't this supposed to provide the capital for radical upgrades in WRC coverage? In reviewing all of the past seasons back to 1984, it seems to me that coverage reached its peak in the 2000/2001, just prior to the tech bubble crash. I assume that was because there was a lot more cash available for helicopter footage, etc.?
    Hmm, when did ISC, now NorthOne take over the filming of the WRC?? It was around then I think. Before that we had BHP, BBC Worldwide & a Spanish company...
    Watching coverage from the BBC highlights shows with Mark James, Tiff Needell and Jeremy Hart - it is far superior, and thats over 10 years ago. It really isn't hard to provide decent coverage.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by olschl
    It is all talk, talk, talk with North One. NOTHING happens. And I agree about the peak in 2000/2001. I actually can't believe that Citroën, Ford and Mini don't do anything about it. Okay, they focus on the driving but North One is costing them millions in lost viewers.

Liked 11,171 Times in 4,437 Posts
    Cloverleaf: More than 50 full-stage HD onboards from Barum rally should be released for non-Czech IPs tomorrow including 20 minutes long "best off selection". Some are really nice

The link where they should appear is: Vše o Rally CZ, AutoCrossu, RallyCrossu, Kartingu • MediaSport.cz Upon the video screen there is a possibility to switch quality HD/Standard/Low (Nízká).
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    Lundgaard is right. NorthOne is killing what the WRC is. It's painful to actually watch their drowsy coverage with the guy who wanders off to make a cup of tea and insists we ride onboard for 9 minutes of a 40 minute broadcast with Sebastien Loeb. Fire the lot of them!
    "It's the most fun you can have with your pants on" - Possum Bourne