Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Rwc 2011

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Rwc 2011

Well, he are are again. Just over 2 weeks to go till the start.

First RWC in the last 3 I won't be going too but can't wait till the start.

Official RWC 2011 Site - Home

(Might see if Knock-on wants to be let out of his cell for the occasion )

NZ are looking pretty strong and sharp but usually peak a couple of months early, Aus look there or there abouts while SA seem to be getting better each game. Of the Northern hemisphere sides, I think we will struggle. England can't find their identity, France have no consistency and Ireland don't have the longevity to win.

My money, unfortunately, is on the Kiwi's.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    I think its one of the three main southern sides, with New Zealand the absolute front runners.

I am looking forward to it. I enjoy seeing the great teams but also seeing how the lesser nations are progressing
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aki13
    I think its one of the three main southern sides, with New Zealand the absolute front runners.

I am looking forward to it. I enjoy seeing the great teams but also seeing how the lesser nations are progressing
    Problem is that the Kiwi's always seem to choke.

As long as the English get spanked I'll be happy, but I'll be even happier if the Boks win again.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Could do. They are still very strong. I think the european sides will be outclassed this time round.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aki13
    Could do. They are still very strong. I think the european sides will be outclassed this time round.
    Yep and they were very much playing themselves into form just as they started the RWC back in 2007
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    The All Blacks are not the favourites at all for the smart people, maybe in the opinion of the rugby writers, commentators etc though. The reality is Australia and South Africa know how to win world cups, the Kiwi's don't. The All Blacks need to learn that defense and kicking win world cups, not expansive play. This is where South Africa are strong with our forwards and our kickers as well as Australia who have grown a very young side into an impressive outfit though the Auzzies lack a reliable kicker ( sorry Cooper ). Bar the 2003 world cup the All Blacks have had the best team every time, but don't play the type of rugby that wins the cup. Hopefully this time they learn, but I'm doubtfull. Our successful campains in 1995 and 2007 were based on defense and kicking as was Englands in 2003, Australia in 1999 etc etc.

Either way I am looking forward to a fantastic edition of the RWC this year and hopefully some big upsets
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I'm sorry, but I really do think that the 2007 campaign was FAR less based on kicking than England in 2003.

It's going to be interesting nevertheless. Part of me would like to see a country that has never won before take it. I've always had a soft spot for France, but then again they're never consistent enough.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well, for the first time in 3 tournaments, I don't think we will make the final.

Hope I'm wrong.

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    NZ's run in the Tri-Nations wasn't promising:

40-7 win against Sth Africa (Wellington, NZ)
    30-14 win against Australia (Eden Park, NZ)
    5-18 loss against Sth Africa (Port Elizabeth, SA)
    20-25 loss against Australia (Lang Park, Aus)

When they did switch it on, they looked unstoppable but when they flagged, they looked inadequate. If NZ decide to settle on Carter, McCaw and Thomson as Fly-Half, N8 and Flanker, then that seems to give the side the leadership and directional play it needs. Muck up those three and NZ are toast as far as Billy Webb Ellis is concerned.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Retro Formula 1
    Well, for the first time in 3 tournaments, I don't think we will make the final.

Hope I'm wrong.
    Is Wilkinson on the squad?
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti