Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N4D13
    Seriously, though. Yesterday, the decision of putting Senna in the car was a brilliant one. Now he's had a first corner crash and he's rubbish. Could we just wait for at least one more race before deciding on whether his return to F1 was a good idea?
    Never. Lets rip him to pieces now.. :
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N4D13
    Seriously, though. Yesterday, the decision of putting Senna in the car was a brilliant one. Now he's had a first corner crash and he's rubbish. Could we just wait for at least one more race before deciding on whether his return to F1 was a good idea?
    I've never said it was a brilliant decision. He's been as good as Chandhok at HRT and merely (2 tenths/lap) faster than Sakon Yamamoto. Nothing to warrant getting rid of the better driver and give him the seat, though I guess the team has had millions of reasons to do it, you know those green reasons.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    They already kickd nick. I say they should call grosjean up and give him his shot for the rest of the year since he locked up his GP2 champ today. Dumb move to kick nick in the first place though.

Or they could be even smarter and try to go get hulkenberg. Ridiculous to have a talent like that twiddling his thumbs.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vhatever
    They already kickd nick. I say they should call grosjean up and give him his shot for the rest of the year since he locked up his GP2 champ today. Dumb move to kick nick in the first place though.

Or they could be even smarter and try to go get hulkenberg. Ridiculous to have a talent like that twiddling his thumbs.
    Hulkenberg will not go to a team that might drop him anytime for a bigger check, he already had that at WIlliams, who at least did wait for the end of the season.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Okay, let's put it this way. Despite Heidfeld seriously struggling in qualifying, he seemed to have at least decent race pace and managed to get ahead of Petrov on several occasions despite qualifying behind. But Lotus Renault GP didn't have much to lose (more likely to win - with extra sponsorship money) with this decision as with this car neither driver was collecting big points any more and if Kubica doesn't come back, it is in the interest of the team to start seeking for a successor, especially as they don't view Nick as part of their future.

Heidfeld. What a telling finish to his F1 career - in flames. But I have to admit that ever since 2007 (when he was having a really excellent season) he has never looked the same again for some reason by often suffering from qualifying troubles. In the last two years there were (perhaps at the time rightful) complaints that it's unfair that Heidfeld doesn't have a full-time drive. But by now he has shown that he genuinely isn't an attractive prospect any more... and perhaps not even as a substitute driver.

Senna... I have to say that already in GP2 he looked good in the wet, so the impressive qualifying effort doesn't come completely out of the blue. But remains to be seen, how consistent he can be across all sessions, conditions and tracks.