Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Day 3 of the Brian watch.....still employed
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahFan
    Day 3 of the Brian watch.....still employed
    I think Randy will wait until the offseason at this point....but if he doesn't fire Brian in the offseason, then he too needs to be replaced. It is pretty simple. The guy making the call in race control has to have the respect of everyone in pit lane. This isn't happening now....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    I think Randy will wait until the offseason at this point....but if he doesn't fire Brian in the offseason, then he too needs to be replaced. It is pretty simple. The guy making the call in race control has to have the respect of everyone in pit lane. This isn't happening now....
    a good, decisive leader will do what needs to be done when it needs to be done.... IF he can get rid of BB but he waits, he is showing that he is most likely not the man for the job (and/or, that it is a job nobody can do effectively given circumstances we are not privy to)..... If he has the authority and support to do so, he needs to fire BB NOW. IF he does not, Randy needs to QUIT NOW because if he cannot fix such a fundamental problem, he'll never be able to do anything....

Personally, I am starting to think Randy Bernard's hands are tied and the quicker the IMS "cartel" gets out of the race series business the better..... CART had a pretty crappy business/political model - but they got the racing right most all of the time.....

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    If Tony Cotman doesn't want the job then who will?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by numanoid
    You posted this right when I was typing my previous post... Get out of my head.

Can you post up the link to the ESPN video? It corroborates my premise.

Thanks!
    Here is the ESPN video which clearly shows the green before the yellow.Ryan Hunter-Reay wins rain-shortened IndyCar race in Loudon - ESPN

It occurs about ten seconds in.

Sorry for the delay.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Isn't there an open test at sonoma today?

Will barnhardt be there?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm a little off the mark about the appeals panel for the hearing this week. I don't have anything against any of those guys -- Gappens, Helmling or Stoops -- but I DO have questions about ANY racing rule book, which you might as well throw away because all of them give the chief steward the power to call 'em as he sees them regardless of what the rule book might say. I was an official in another sport for a lengthy period and in that sport and most others, rules are rules and no official has the power to override them and uses them as guidance to make his/her decisions. If officials from basketball or football were on the panel, they would look at the rule book objectively, forget the power, and rule. I don't know if racing people can do that.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just read that during press conference this weekend Randy backed and supported Brian... And that they would be mounting a camera inside race control on the Baltimore weekend

I say .... If you back the wrong pony it might not be pretty

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Just read that during press conference this weekend Randy backed and supported Brian...

That's too bad. I guess Randy isn't the man that I hoped he was.

Ya know, they can change the name and bring on new cars every other season. But until they begin acting professionally and cleaning out the deadwood and gold bricks, it will still be the IRL.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just read that during press conference this weekend Randy backed and supported Brian... And that they would be mounting a camera inside race control on the Baltimore weekend

that stinks... I'd love to know what Barnhart does /knows to keep his job...... this series does not stand a chance until he is gone OR until someone crack the whip on him