Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight

You can pay a man millions but in the end his body will only do so much. A lot of these mechanics and engineers spend so much time on the road it's amazing they don't burn out more often. It's not easy work by any means and come mid season it's only fair they get a break. I would rather there be racing, of course, but people need holidays.
    Being an F-1 mechanic is a privileged not a right. The long break is bad for the series as it dilutes the momentum. I have no problem with individual teams providing long vacation times but when it is mandated it is wrong.

BTW The NASCAR season is longer with no real breaks all season and their mechanics work just as hard,

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    I too don't like the inconsistency of it all. I don't like the 3/4 week break but I also don't much care for back to back races too.

In my opinion the season should start in the first week in March and end in the last week in October and have a race every two weeks, without fail. You can still have 18 races under this arrangement.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I like having a break as it increases the anticipation before the title run in - in years when it isn't a foregone conclusion by August anyway.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IceWizard
    I like having a break as it increases the anticipation before the title run in - in years when it isn't a foregone conclusion by August anyway.
    It's not over till its over.
    Formula 1

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    It's not over till its over.
    Thanks Lenny K
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    obviously the only way vettel wont win wdc is if he is injured. chances of that happening like 1%

I agree with the above poster, a race ever 2 weeks without fail would be the best, and allow between race testing, among other things. the way it is now the best car at the start of season wins wdc and wcc, it sucks, i wish things would change more during the season (we need in season testing back...) instead of the stupid 4 week break there could have been lots of great testing and a nice mix up at Spa instead of probably the same old running order...

and please tell me, these mechanics, what exactly do they do on monday through thursday instead of unloading some trucks of gear? I will tell you, they sit around eating the best food and sleeping in the nicest hotels (i noticed many of the mechanics are fat)... way better than 99% of us and I bet most of us work harder than them and make a lot less money. And the drivers have to work even less than the mechanics and obviously make loads of money... pfft. I bet a good many of us here on these forums who are in top physical shape could race f1 competitively after a good amount of practice. In my opinion there should be more f1 races and less breaks... I think Ayrton Senna would agree!

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    A little bit of F1 interest during the 4 week break.

Mark Webber will be on Test Match Special on BBC 5 live sports extra or Radio 4 long wave having a chat about F1 and his love of Cricket at Lunch. Between 1pm and 1:40pm

If anyone is interested
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Get her abog roll mate. That'sone bit of paper she will thank you for one day

(And they seem to use so much of it too!!)

As for the break, I don't mind it but I do agree with Mark that it would be better if we had a 2 week calender with no break.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    I'm sure the race mechanics also have jobs back at the factory too. They don't sit around when not at races.

But I do tend to agree that they have a cushy job and schedules shouldn't be written to accommodate them.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    Being an F-1 mechanic is a privileged not a right. The long break is bad for the series as it dilutes the momentum. I have no problem with individual teams providing long vacation times but when it is mandated it is wrong.

BTW The NASCAR season is longer with no real breaks all season and their mechanics work just as hard,
    I see your point but Nascar mechanics don't have to travel all over the world. It's some serious jet lag that F1 mechanics suffer in one year. I agree though, overall it is bad for the sport but I do agree that it has to be done in order to avoid burnout.