Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts

Four Week Break...

...who's the dumba$$ who came up with this four week break?

I got a loaded gun ready for the buffoon responsible
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 555-04Q2
    ...who's the dumba$$ who came up with this four week break?

I got a loaded gun ready for the buffoon responsible
    A knackered mechanic, an irate mechanic's wife?????
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    staff being tired is a poor excuse, surely jobs can be covered by someone else so they can have a few days off?

drop the 4 week break and add an extra 2 grandprix's to the calender i say.

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Damn straight .

These guys make money .
    There are loads of others who would give thier right arm to sit in for a guy on the beach .

And the rest of those few actually making million$ can cry me a river .

This is the big time .
    Vacation later .

I work for myself and haven't been to my own cottage in three years .
    Suck it up .

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I dont mind the four week break either, because it gives mclaren a chance to catch up with the rest of the field

Do the teams really just nap for our weeks though? I always thought the development of the cars were more important to the teams rather than having a break

I wonder if any of the current drivers get drunk for a month like kimi or the irv
    Ha'wey Hamilton, bring the WDC crown home and the beers are on me :up:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    I'm not too bothered by the 4 week break personally as it gives me a chance to enjoy the summer without worrying about missing a race for August at least. I can spend the weekends playing golf, having BBQ's, and spending time at my in law's cottage in Tenby. The downside is the return to the calendar happens to be my favourite race of the season and my first wedding anniversary, so that'll be a recorded race for me... Downer.
    You let your wife come between yourself and a formula 1 race?? And you call yourself a fan

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan
    Damn straight .

These guys make money .
    There are loads of others who would give thier right arm to sit in for a guy on the beach .

And the rest of those few actually making million$ can cry me a river .

This is the big time .
    Vacation later .

I work for myself and haven't been to my own cottage in three years .
    Suck it up .
    The guys doing most of the work, with multiple roles, earn a lot less than you'd think.

If you've not been to your cottage for that long, watever it is your doing, you aint doin it right!!!
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SGWilko
    The guys doing most of the work, with multiple roles, earn a lot less than you'd think.

If you've not been to your cottage for that long, watever it is your doing, you aint doin it right!!!
    Funny to think, perhaps most of the people who do the majority of the work dont get any credit for what they do. I saw the tour the williams team gave to eddie jordan, the amount of work that goes into the cars is incredible.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    I'm not too bothered by the 4 week break personally as it gives me a chance to enjoy the summer without worrying about missing a race for August at least. I can spend the weekends playing golf, having BBQ's, and spending time at my in law's cottage in Tenby. The downside is the return to the calendar happens to be my favourite race of the season and my first wedding anniversary, so that'll be a recorded race for me... Downer.
    Congratulations on having the anniversary coming up soon, henners.

I think my g/f knows better than to come in between myself and my F1 though She knows where my passions lies. I never miss a race live. It would seriously have to be a life or death situation for me to miss a race.

I'm Ok with this two week break. You can pay a man millions but in the end his body will only do so much. A lot of these mechanics and engineers spend so much time on the road it's amazing they don't burn out more often. It's not easy work by any means and come mid season it's only fair they get a break. I would rather there be racing, of course, but people need holidays.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight
    Congratulations on having the anniversary coming up soon, henners.

I think my g/f knows better than to come in between myself and my F1 though She knows where my passions lies. I never miss a race live. It would seriously have to be a life or death situation for me to miss a race.

I'm Ok with this two week break. You can pay a man millions but in the end his body will only do so much. A lot of these mechanics and engineers spend so much time on the road it's amazing they don't burn out more often. It's not easy work by any means and come mid season it's only fair they get a break. I would rather there be racing, of course, but people need holidays.
    Agree 100%
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy