Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Satelite dish, Sky TV, Pay TV?!

There is this thing called internet, you can find everything you need on there if you know where to look and for a fair price too.
    Da, da, da, uh oh, here comes the smartass.

Point me to a legal website where I can watch F1 in HD quality or even near HD quality, ioan. Oh, and it shouldn't have downtime or server issues, and my 25 Mbps "broadband" connection should be able to easily stream it without interruptions. If it was this easy, don't you think I'd have paid for the MotoGP subscription at MotoGP.com? Their live streaming stinks, no matter how fast your connection is, constant feed cuts, disconnections etc.

As for free, don't tell me about Justin TV or some other crapola website, or those numerous ad riddled blogs with hugely sub-par pixelated quality, where streams keep getting shut down by FOM every 3 minutes. PM me if you actually know of some secret amazing free web site where I can watch races in "good" quality and English commentary.

I can very easily torrent races recorded in HD, but I wanna watch the races live, and not wait a day until they upload it. And believe it or not, I want to legally "pay" for my entertainment. Besides, those dedicated torrent sites need a lot of seeding to keep your ratio up, something for which I don't have time.

And it's not just that, besides F1 which I'm forced to watch on RTL channel with German commentary, I want to watch MotoGP, Cricket and NBA, which I haven't been able to watch AT ALL in Romania for the last two years, because well, cricket and NBA don't exist on the TV here, and the exclusive rights to show MotoGP belong to some cable company, and freakin football is everywhere.

Anything else?

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    You call me a smart a$$, for giving you an honest tip and then come up with a list of things that would cost a leg in any European country?!
    HD? Does it hurt your eyes and ears to watch it like anyone else?
    If anything you are delusional and frustrated. I would suggest you move to another place where you are paid like a king and everything comes for free, then you might calm down.

For what it's worth I get everything I can think of on the internet and with a DVBT receiver, but then again I am not unhappy without HD.

PS: I'll be in Romania for 3 days next week, if you wish I could lecture you about how to google for good quality streaming of any sport you want to watch, LOL.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    He's got a point though ioan. Who really wants to watch sport (or indeed any action) on a crappy web stream? It's ok for the most casual of fans but far from ideal for anybody who actually appreciates good coverage.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I do watch some sneaky NASCAR on streams. It's certainly not HD quality and I'm not sufficiently interested in NASCAR to pay for the subscription channel in the UK. I wouldn't fancy watching F1 (something that I do care about) on a stream - you're very much in the lap of the internet gods as far as quality and durability of feeds goes.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You call me a smart a$$, for giving you an honest tip.
    There is this thing called internet.
    I could lecture you about how to google for good quality streaming of any sport you want to watch, LOL.
    Oh yes, you don't come off as a smartass at all. Also, internet research is part of my job, so I could pretty much school you in "Googling" as well. So far in your post, as always, there's only bull$hit. Where's the "backing up" of your claims ioan? You haven't given me a link to a single legal F1 streaming website, neither have I received a PM from you about a good *cough* not legal *cough* one either. And remember, it should not pixelate on my 42 inch LCD, shouldn't get disconnected, and shouldn't get blocked by FOM or Dorna. I have a list of over 50 streaming websites and blogs that stream my favorite sports for free, so I don't need your help. I could give the list to you if you want. LOL LOL LOL

Does adding LOL or add any weight to my post? No it doesn't.

You call me a smart a$$, for giving you an honest tip and then come up with a list of things that would cost a leg in any European country?!
    HD? Does it hurt your eyes and ears to watch it like anyone else?
    Eh? If it doesn't cost a leg in India, why should it cost that much here? Also, FYI, I have been streaming and torrenting enough MotoGP, Cricket and NBA in the past two years to know exactly how tiresome and annoying it can be. I have a 42 inch Full HD kickass TV, I want to watch sports in good quality, not crouch in front of the laptop finding new streams every 15 minutes. Do you have a problem with that?!

If anything you are delusional and frustrated. I would suggest you move to another place where you are paid like a king and everything comes for free, then you might calm down.
    Not that I'm surprised by your usual outbursts, but you could have done a bit better here ioan. Also, a little brush up on comprehension skills would help. Where did I say I want everything for free? I said I'm willing to pay for it, didn't I? Are you slow? The only issue is getting a dish antenna and a guy to come and install it, which I doubt I'll be able to find where I am right now. Also, I don't get "paid" here, I have my own business in India which I manage through the internet and phone, and am here only for my wife, waiting for her papers to get done so we can move back. Too much hassle and money to watch my favorite sports, when we're only in this country for at best one more year.

For what it's worth I get everything I can think of on the internet and with a DVBT receiver, but then again I am not unhappy without HD.
    I have been streaming and torrenting MotoGP, NBA playoffs, Cricket matches, other programming and occasional F1 races over the past two years. Hell, I streamed the Cricket World Cup and watched the quarter finals and semis in patchy, pixelated, jerky quality. Cricket matches are 7-8 hours long, so none of the private trackers upload full matches, they only upload highlights. Even then you're at their mercy for which match they'd actually upload. And just forget about the public trackers like Pirate Bay or other stuff, you're again at the uploader's mercy, and might have to wait a week. Couldn't watch India win the World Cup live, because of course ALL the streaming websites' bandwidth got bottlenecked because of too many users. So, I had to read an hour later about India winning the World Cup. Would this have happened if I had a Sky Sports subscription? NO.

Also, as someone who has watched live sports in HD, trust me, you don't wanna go back to crappy streams. As Dave B and Andrew said, nobody wants to watch sports that they care about on web streams. As for the DVB/T receivers, I have one from UPC, and I have done extensive research to conclude that none of the Romanian cable companies show all the sports that I want to watch. So, if you're comfortable watching your favorite sports in crap quality, ioan, then good for you, but don't tell others what they should do, because I've already been there, and done that.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Just out of curiosity why don't you simply check this:

Sky tv Romania Get a Sky card for Romania Sky card Romania

instead of losing your time trying to prove me wrong.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrewmcm
    I do watch some sneaky NASCAR on streams. It's certainly not HD quality and I'm not sufficiently interested in NASCAR to pay for the subscription channel in the UK. I wouldn't fancy watching F1 (something that I do care about) on a stream - you're very much in the lap of the internet gods as far as quality and durability of feeds goes.
    F1 is free to air in most European countries so it really is easy to watch.
    As I do not even own a TV set, just a few laptops and a 24 inch screen, I use a DVBT receiver for what can be watched on TV and I search for a stream if I want to watch something that isn't on TV (like the 24 hours of Spa last week for example).
    As for the commentary I do not really care about the language as I watch the races for what they are not for the commentary. I watched F1 with Arab, Hebrew, Polish, Spanish, Italian, Hungarian, Romanian, Portuguese commentary and it didn't bother me in the slightest. Then again I am not really a television consumer and HD or no HD isn't an issue at all as long as I get the information I am looking for.
    I guess my stance is a bit to pragmatic though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just out of curiosity why don't you simply check this:

Sky tv Romania Get a Sky card for Romania Sky card Romania

I already saw that as one of the options when I Googled "Sky TV in Romania" before creating this thread. The link you gave is a supplier similar to the link I put in my first post. Only difference is, when I scanned all these websites, the link I put in my post seemed more professional to me, they had all the proper info and had their FAQ better laid out.

Whereas the link you gave me, if you click on the link in the "Click here to purchase Sky tv in Romania" line, it's a broken link and takes you to a page full of ads through the in-website search tool...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    F1 is free to air in most European countries so it really is easy to watch.
    As I do not even own a TV set, just a few laptops and a 24 inch screen, I use a DVBT receiver for what can be watched on TV and I search for a stream if I want to watch something that isn't on TV (like the 24 hours of Spa last week for example).
    F1 is no longer free to watch in Romania. The rights were taken from TVR 1 and given exclusively to Digi Sport, and Digi also has the MotoGP rights, and they wouldn't put new connections in the area where I'm staying. So, thank goodness for RTL channel I can watch F1, but I am still forced to torrent MotoGP. I have also been streaming most of the sports I like for the last year and a half, and frankly have gotten sick of the quality and frequent disconnections. Besides if a 24 inch screen is the biggest you have, then you won't find any difference between SD and HD anyway, so it's better to stick to SD transmission in your case.

As for the commentary I do not really care about the language as I watch the races for what they are not for the commentary. I watched F1 with Arab, Hebrew, Polish, Spanish, Italian, Hungarian, Romanian, Portuguese commentary and it didn't bother me in the slightest.
    Commentary that you can't understand takes away a lot from a good race. Without English commentary, I have to put the live timing app on formula1.com and some other website providing text commentary as well to know about what laps the frontrunners are doing, who did the fastest sector etc. With English commentary I can just sit back and relax without having my own little telemetry in front of me. It adds the dimension of sound, and I enjoy the races more.

Then again I am not really a television consumer and HD or no HD isn't an issue at all as long as I get the information I am looking for.
    I guess my stance is a bit to pragmatic though.
    Like I said above, with a 24 inch screen it doesn't really matter if you have SD or HD, you won't see much difference. On a 42 inch TV however, I can't even dream of streaming a race online, unless I only want to see pixels. And I don't want to watch sports or other programming on my laptop or PC.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    So, where's the fun in that then?
    I could really use a fish right now