Page 71 of 72 FirstFirst ... 216169707172 LastLast

Thread: New car news!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter
    Depends on what moving the wing forward would do to the aerodynamic balance of the car. I'll take faster over prettier any day.
    That woud be good argument if these cars where fast , but fact to date is that no records where broken so far.
    Keep it fast, keep it real!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Depends on what moving the wing forward would do to the aerodynamic balance of the car. I'll take faster over prettier any day.
    Quote Originally Posted by FIAT1
    That woud be good argument if these cars where fast , but fact to date is that no records where broken so far.
    It's still a good argument, unless the purpose is to make the cars slower. And I don't think you are suggesting that.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So it's OK to potentially make them slower?
    Hm, potentially! Means what ? That you don't know or...I don't understand what you traying to say. I have posted statement obout car looking better without air box and a wing been moved farward a little as thinking out loud, and as a fan that remembers days of fast and beatiful racing cars ,not as mechanical engineer. I'm not traying to pick on anyone's engineering skills or devoted love of ugly bumpers , it was a more of a question , and definitely I'm not sure like you are that would be faster or slower than a car that broke the sound barrier at Indy two days ago. Please!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    [quote="Starter"]I wasn't trying to pick a fight with you. I was just responding to your post:

There is never fighting by posting here as far as I'm concerened, only discussion obut topics we are passionate obout, as we all want sport of Indycar racing to be as best it could be, nothing is ever personal.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Talked to a current ICS driver/former ChampCar driver at Long Beach today about the DW12. He said that they were still working on it but it's slow going. When I asked him how it compares to the DP-01 he smiled and said now that was a car really fast and handled well. He sure missed that car....
    The Only True Triple Crown Winner-- Al Unser Sr. 1978- Indy 500, Pocono 500, Ontario 500

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well here is some oval video finally, but still haven't seen these cars in a pack.............

New Indy Cars Set Up For Ovals During a Test At Texas Motor Speedway on May 7 2012 - YouTube
    :champion:car Continuing since 1909
    http://www.youtube.com/user/champcar4ever

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So seems to me that once they're in the race and packing up, the speeds should be closer. But eventually it will be just as fast on the ovals. It should be fine. Hopefully the cars race on the ovals well!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Those cars look funky and they're kind of growing on me. They look like they punch a big hole in the air.. sling shot drafting?
    Video: Watch highlights from Opening Day at IMS

Aero kits still coming in 2013!
    Evolution continues in 2013 with multiple aero kits
    Who, What, When, Where, Why -- http://champcarstats.com/

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marbles
    Those cars look funky and they're kind of growing on me. They look like they punch a big hole in the air.. sling shot drafting?
    Video: Watch highlights from Opening Day at IMS

Aero kits still coming in 2013!
    Evolution continues in 2013 with multiple aero kits
    I like the aesthetics of the rear wing. I really do. I'm still not a fan of the rear wheel guards though - they look incredibly awkward, IMO.

And for the airbox, I think they could have easily done what Mercedes did on their previous F1 car.

Or even better, what Lotus did on the gorgeous Lotus 78

But that's just a personal preference.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts