Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 going to Sky

Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    I suppose that means Australians are screwed. I can't see Channel 10 getting the Sky broadcast as I think Sky Sports is part of Foxtel (pay TV) down here. I'm pissed! Bernie's a ****wit and if the teams agree with this move they can go **** themselves!
    Forza Ferrari!!

Liked 17 Times in 15 Posts
    This is all very sad. I know I don't live in the UK and in SA we've had only pay-satellite F1 for the past 5 years or more, so all it really does is effect who does the commentary for us, but it's sad for UK people. Most people here don't get to see the races.

All I can see this doing is boosting the illegal torrents of the races as people will flock to them.
    CMR4L titles: 2, RBR MF Cup titles: 2
    :champion:

Liked 17 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    Actually it's quite funny reading that from my perspective cos I've been paying about GBP600 a year for my F1 coverage for more than 5 years now, so welcome to my world UK people.
    CMR4L titles: 2, RBR MF Cup titles: 2
    :champion:

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    *slow hand clap*

Bravo Bernie. Your senile ways have finally killed the sport you helped create. The greed of the man knows no bounds; unwilling to take a bit of a cut in broadcast fees during this time of worldwide austerity, he does a complete 180 and takes the sport to pay per view.

Well here's some news for ya Bernard, old chum. I ain't paying. Nor will I be watching the few races you 'permit' me to watch on the beeb. I can't see your sponsors being too pleased. Oh but I'm sure you can steady the ship by taking F1 to those oh so popular new markets.
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    BBC/Sky/F1 2012+. Found out last night, no idea how it will work yet I'm out of contract, will calmly work through options Not impressed
    https://twitter.com/#!/MBrundleF1/st...54735444901888
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    Can't believe we haven't had a single poster laughing at this decision as we all seem to be in agreement and theres plenty of potential fish in here lol.
    He'll be online later no doubt......
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce D
    Actually it's quite funny reading that from my perspective cos I've been paying about GBP600 a year for my F1 coverage for more than 5 years now, so welcome to my world UK people.
    No, not welcome to your world. I don't have 600 to spend on a couple of hours of tv every other week...

So my world will now be F1 free. Think of all the spare time I'm gonna have...I could write a book!
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic
    No, not welcome to your world. I don't have 600 to spend on a couple of hours of tv every other week...

So my world will now be F1 free. Think of all the spare time I'm gonna have...I could write a book!
    I paid £50 half way through the ninetysomethingorother season just to be rid of the dreaded ITV adverts, but that was when I had SKY basic package and before the recession took a hold......

Not doing it this time around.
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic
    Maybe on the history of TV sports coverage?

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Formula 1 teams seek clarification on new BBC/Sky television deal - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com

Whitmarsh wants more details from Mr E and wonders whether this could breach Concorde Agreement.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u