Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    If Sauber provide the two with a good car next year their talents will undoubtably shine through. I would have liked to see Kobayashi move to a bigger team.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave B
    It's a shame Kobyashi won't be progressing to a better team, but some more time at Sauber should see him hone his craft.

Perez? Meh, I suppose they've got to pay the bills somehow.
    What has Perez done wrong? He has beaten Kamui often in qualifying, has raced well, all over he is not a superstar but he has been very competent. Certainly more so than most rookies.
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    They should ge Rubens.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I'm glad they're both getting another chance but like aki13, I think it would be nice to see Kobayashi moving on to a bigger team.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    I see here has been a discussion about the merits of the drivers. Well, I like both drivers (especially Kamui, I think he is currently in my Top3), but to be honest, I don't think either of them is top driver. Kobayashi is a good racer (and perhaps best overtaker in the business alongside Hamilton), but can he match Vettel, Alonso or Hamilton race-in, race-out in terms of pace? Based on 1,5+ years in F1 I wouldn't think so, he is giving too much away in qualifying. So perhaps he can be more in the mould of Button - struggling in qualifying, damage limitation in races. But what I have to say that among mid-field runners Kobayashi seems like the most complete driver in terms of consistency (both Force India drivers, Pérez, STR drivers, Maldonado, etc seem to have more up-and-downs).

Pérez has sometimes impressive race performances due to good tyre management and sometimes he qualifies well, but as noted - both are sometimes. He is often touted as a future Ferrari driver, but he needs to up his game for that. But in any case, they are a good choice for Sauber and it is also a good place for them to grow as drivers.