Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AndySpeed
    If you're a fan of all things unspectacular then yes.

And always one to argue the point, imagine the scenario:

You're walking through the streets of [insert local town here] when you see parked up a Bugatti Veyron. With your phone, you can only look. With my phone, I can take 100 photos of it and MMS them to my mates making them all feel jealous (except you, since your phone can't do MMS).

I then walk off feeling happy and listen to a song on my phone (and also feeling a lot lighter since my pockets aren't weighed down with a phone that is heavy and an mp3 player).

:

I take my point and shoot camera everywhere I go

So while your sending your walking home and getting phone calls saying 'Stop sending me photos of riced out nissans' I'm selling my prints on ebay for thousands and saving children from the hands of pervets.
    ---/\==

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Powered by Cosworth
    I take my point and shoot camera everywhere I go

So while your sending your walking home and getting phone calls saying 'Stop sending me photos of riced out nissans' I'm selling my prints on ebay for thousands and saving children from the hands of pervets.
    Unortunately my camera is a little too large and complex to take everywhere.

Let's not turn this into a 'mines better than yours' contest

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AndySpeed
    Unortunately my camera is a little too large and complex to take everywhere.

Let's not turn this into a 'mines better than yours' contest
    Ok, But to have a phone with a decent camera costs quite a bit of moolar
    ---/\==

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yikes i've created a monster out of this thread!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Powered by Cosworth
    Ok, But to have a phone with a decent camera costs quite a bit of moolar
    To have a phone with a decent camera means you have to gaffer tape a decent camera to your phone. NO PHONE WILL EVER TAKE DECENT PHOTOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I think it's better to have a simple mobile phone to make calls and send SMS, a separate digital camera, a separate MP3 player and a separate GPS navigator. That way, if you want to upgrade one of them or one of them stops working, you don't have to buy all of them again. I wish there were pocket size modular gadgets like the PCs that you can buy plug and play devices like phones, cameras, MP3s and GPSs for.
    I could really use a fish right now

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eki
    I think it's better to have a simple mobile phone to make calls and send SMS, a separate digital camera, a separate MP3 player and a separate GPS navigator. That way, if you want to upgrade one of them or one of them stops working, you don't have to buy all of them again. I wish there were pocket size modular gadgets like the PCs that you can buy plug and play devices like phones, cameras, MP3s and GPSs for.
    Yes. Another good reason NOT to buy an all in one device
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You can get reasnable photos from a camera phone but for high quality ones you need a proper digital camera with optical zoom.
    RIP Colin McRae

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    It's nothing to do with the zoom. It's more to do with the lens and the CCD the phone uses.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    well yes there is that. But if you want to take a picture of something far away, digital zoom is hopeless just degrades the picture quality.
    RIP Colin McRae