Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndySpeed
    Surely with the capabilities of modern phones today (SE k800i, Nokia N Series) the Nano is increasingly unneccessary - you can pretty much store the same amount on your phone and have it all in one

Plus when I upgrade my phone I can just pull the Micro SD card out of the side and bung it in the next one.

It's rumoured that Apple are going to bring out an iPod with a phone built-in, which could shake the market up a bit!
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brockman
    Plus when I upgrade my phone I can just pull the Micro SD card out of the side and bung it in the next one.

It's rumoured that Apple are going to bring out an iPod with a phone built-in, which could shake the market up a bit!
    Indeed, since I got my k800i and bought a 1gb card I've also stopped buying DRM protected music for the reason that I want to be able to carry it over to other devices if I choose.

I doubt an iPod phone would be as popular, as ditching the classic click wheel design would be essential and it would probably lose it's 'cult design' and fashion status.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Apple folk have been making and hearing rumors of an 'iPhone' for many many many years now.

The iPod came into a market which was essentially non-existant and created a bloody good (and the most beautiful) First gen iPod.
    The mobile media phone market is huge with some already good products, so Apple will find it hard to succeed atall, if only on the 'Makers of iPod' effect the Apple name has.
    ---/\==

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndySpeed
    I don't think that everyone needs to format their iPod once in while - I never have

iPod Nano's are weak little things - I know someone who bent theirs when they sat down...
    Hey she won it so who cares

Caroline's iPod lives in a sock in the car and doesn't get carried around in pockets anyway so I suspect durability isn't an issue.

I like my iPod. It's almost 2 years old now and the battery isn't as good as it used to be but I've got a Belkin external battery pack so I'm not that bothered if the battery dies completely as it never gets used othe than in the car or at home.

Tbh I don't like the idea of a phone that plays MP3's or an MP3 player that makes phonecalls and sends texts. They invariably end up not being as good at both and suffer from bad battery life compared to having one of each.

When I want to listen to songs I have this.

When I want to look at photos or watch video I have this with a 3.8" screen which is probably 4x bigger in total area that of the new video iPod's.

And when I want to make phonecalls I have this

Rather than having 1 thing that does all those jobs cheaply and not as good as I would like I spend 3 times the money and got 3 things which do the job well. Money well spent I think! People would say I'm a gadget freak but I beg to differ. I just can't tolerate things that don't do the job properly!
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Like you Daniel when I want to listen to music I use my G4 U2 iPod most of the time.

However sometimes I use this, as I have a few of my more popular playlists on, when I don't want to fill my pockets with both iPod and phone:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Thats the thing, latest iPhone rumor is it will have 2 batteries, one for Music + Stuff, one for Phoney stuff. Not a bad idea.
    ---/\==

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I dont use iPods, I have a very cheap 1GB Logitec mp3 player that playes mp3, WMA, etc music files and does exactly what it says on the tin, and cheaply as well.

I also have a very cheap Sendo phone that I phone and text people from. Why spend silly money on these gadgets when I can get cheap name goods that work just as well and for much less.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper
    I also have a very cheap Sendo phone that I phone and text people from. Why spend silly money on these gadgets
    Precisely

My Phone, The best phone ever made!
    ---/\==

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If you're a fan of all things unspectacular then yes.

And always one to argue the point, imagine the scenario:

You're walking through the streets of [insert local town here] when you see parked up a Bugatti Veyron. With your phone, you can only look. With my phone, I can take 100 photos of it and MMS them to my mates making them all feel jealous (except you, since your phone can't do MMS).

I then walk off feeling happy and listen to a song on my phone (and also feeling a lot lighter since my pockets aren't weighed down with a phone that is heavy and an mp3 player).

:

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Point tacken, but I live in Birmingham ( for the few that cant read whats on the left) so there's not likely to be any cars anyware near that level of awsomness around here. Plus, if you have a good phone like that, you imediatly become the target for all chavs and rather a lot of the asian population here unfortunatly.

Damned if you do and damned if you dont.