Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I speak too soon really. :\

My iPod has a wee problem. The click wheel is not responding to touch (so I cannot scroll). Normally when this happens I just reset the iPod by toggling hold, and pressing menu and select.

Only problem is it's not responding to this reset. Not even with mains power. I've tried draining the battery, synching with iTunes and everything.

All of the buttons work, but obviously with the loss of touch sensitiveness I can't select the music I want.

Recommendations?

Note - first ever serious problem in 2 years

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I'd drain the battery, leave it for a couple days till it's properly dead and then see what happens. Have you tried a restore?
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drewdawg727
    Well i'm having issues with mine.
    Twice in the past week, my iPod has stopped working in the middle of use. In between songs, it will just freeze on one song, and then skip it and move on to the next, and move on to the next, etc. It just keeps skipping through songs and doesn't stop. So i turn it off, and then after that it won't turn back on.
    So i plug into my computer and it worked last week, but this time when i plugged it in, it just goes through a cycle if "do not disconnect" (where it should be charging, but it doesn't charge), and then it switches back to the apple logo, followed by a picture of a folder with an exclamation point. I don't understand why it worked for me last week but it's a flop for me this week.
    I would restore my iPod and just satrt all over again and put the songs back after the restore, but i don't have my songs saved in my library because i had to update the songs because they were all old. I was going to update it this weekend just so i'd have them "on file" but then this happened.
    Anyone that can assist Harry the Helpless over here..?

i think it might be your harddrive in the verge of dying, does it make any strange noises?

i wouldnt think it is the battery, if you are still getting a couple hours a charge. if you can play the ipod while conencted to a wall charger or computer and it doesnt do that, then maybe it is your battery. but even with a power source and still doing that, then probbably the harddrive.

repacement harddrives and battery for ipod are widely sold ebay.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I wouldn't think the clickwheel would stop responding if it was the hard drive.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 112 Times in 94 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndySpeed
    Surely with the capabilities of modern phones today (SE k800i, Nokia N Series) the Nano is increasingly unneccessary - you can pretty much store the same amount on your phone and have it all in one
    Couldn't agree more!

Liked 112 Times in 94 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    To have a phone with a decent camera means you have to gaffer tape a decent camera to your phone. NO PHONE WILL EVER TAKE DECENT PHOTOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yes, but it can play music with same quality as iPod.
    Also a mobile phone can do 571 more things, apart from just playing music.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ody is spot on. Consider this - the k800i does the following:
    Makes phone calls, texts, plays music, takes 3mp photos (good for nights out), access the internet via 3G, video calling, stores documents, notes, contact info, has an fm radio, colour screen, 3d games, mobile TV (a bit pointless IMO).

the only downsides are the memory card limit (1gb currently) and battery life.

If my iPod does die at least I still have my phone as an mp3/aac player

Talking of which still no luck - about to try a restore.