Quote Originally Posted by AndySpeed
I don't think that everyone needs to format their iPod once in while - I never have

iPod Nano's are weak little things - I know someone who bent theirs when they sat down...
Hey she won it so who cares

Caroline's iPod lives in a sock in the car and doesn't get carried around in pockets anyway so I suspect durability isn't an issue.

I like my iPod. It's almost 2 years old now and the battery isn't as good as it used to be but I've got a Belkin external battery pack so I'm not that bothered if the battery dies completely as it never gets used othe than in the car or at home.

Tbh I don't like the idea of a phone that plays MP3's or an MP3 player that makes phonecalls and sends texts. They invariably end up not being as good at both and suffer from bad battery life compared to having one of each.

When I want to listen to songs I have this.

When I want to look at photos or watch video I have this with a 3.8" screen which is probably 4x bigger in total area that of the new video iPod's.

And when I want to make phonecalls I have this

Rather than having 1 thing that does all those jobs cheaply and not as good as I would like I spend 3 times the money and got 3 things which do the job well. Money well spent I think! People would say I'm a gadget freak but I beg to differ. I just can't tolerate things that don't do the job properly!