Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's hilarious how people are willing to jump on the backmarker hating bandwagon based on half a season running in the absolute last backmarker team, with most probably the worst handling car in the history of F1. And of course, all this while for the last two years, excuses for the seven time world champion Schumacher's age and time away from F1 keep on coming while he's getting plowed by Barbie consistently. He wasn't doing so bad in the race of champions last year, was he? Doing much better than Vettel even, but Rosberg seems to be a hard nut to crack. Hmmm.....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IceWizard
    Hard to tell from his season at the back of the grid, but Black Knight is at least part right - he does seem like a nice chap...
    People thought the same about Sutil until he stabbed someone at a bar.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Unfortunately for him, Jarno has signed a new contract with crappy Lotus so....like it or not you will see more of him next year : and btw in the next GP Chandok will replace Heikki
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    Chandok is a freaking "Stone" get him out of there.
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight
    I hope Chandhok gets a driver for the Indian GP.
    That would be the perfect job for Trulli!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRaiden
    It's hilarious how people are willing to jump on the backmarker hating bandwagon based on half a season running in the absolute last backmarker team, with most probably the worst handling car in the history of F1. And of course, all this while for the last two years, excuses for the seven time world champion Schumacher's age and time away from F1 keep on coming while he's getting plowed by Barbie consistently. He wasn't doing so bad in the race of champions last year, was he? Doing much better than Vettel even, but Rosberg seems to be a hard nut to crack. Hmmm.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Roamy
    Chandok is a freaking "Stone" get him out of there.
    take v8 supercars over here
    Jamie Whincup - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In 2001 Whincup embarked on the Australian Formula Ford Championship with a team run by his father and Uncle Graeme (a former Sports Sedan star) with mechanical support from fellow V8 Supercar driver Greg Ritter. After finishing third in his debut year, he jumped to Sonic Motorsport for the 2002 season and went on to win the championship convincingly which secured him his first ever V8 Supercar drive with Garry Rogers Motorsport

After completing a full year of V8 Supercar racing with Garry Rogers Motorsport, he was replaced by the more experienced Cameron McConville and was left without a full-time drive for 2004. He was later contracted by Castrol Perkins Racing to drive in the two endurance events
    long story short
    driver droped after first year has won Championship 2 times and well on his way to 3rd
    2007 V8Supercar Championship Series 2nd
    2008 V8Supercar Championship Series 1st
    2009 V8Supercar Championship Series 1st
    2010 V8Supercar Championship Series 2nd
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Not bad by Chandhok to be within a second of Heikki after being out of action for one full year and driving a car he hasn't really driven before. Also, he's actually closer to Heikki than Button is to Lewis in the same car. Would have lined up next to Heikki if not for the last gasp effort by Glock to impress his home crowd:

19. Heikki Kovalainen Team Lotus 01:35.599 9
    20. Timo Glock Virgin 01:36.400 12
    21. Karun Chandhok Team Lotus 01:36.422 11

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Solid effort in Quali from Karun.

Although he has made quite a few mistakes over the weekend.

Lets see what sort of race he has.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    8 tenths is not a bad gap to Heikki, especially given he was starting from about 2.5secs in FP1, I dkn't think he is a bad driver by any means, he's not likely to win any titles, but he's a decent peddler.
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aki13
    Although he has made quite a few mistakes over the weekend.
    I think that was to be expected, as it's his first time driving this year's Lotus, first time driving with Pirelli tyres and DRS. I don't know if he drove during winter testing at all. Mark Webber also commented earlier this year how difficult it was for him to get used to the Pirellis.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinho
    8 tenths is not a bad gap to Heikki, especially given he was starting from about 2.5secs in FP1, I dkn't think he is a bad driver by any means, he's not likely to win any titles, but he's a decent peddler.
    Any driver can win the title in the fastest car. I thought Nigel Mansell and Damon Hill were also decent peddlers or also-rans, but when they got the absolute fastest car, they brought the title home. Whether Chandhok is better than what he has shown, remains to be seen, at least until he gets a half decent car.