Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top 5 drivers?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Top 5 drivers?

Okay, I'm sick of having nothing to discuss on the NASCAR forum, so I guess I'll have to create something to discuss. I'm guessing it will create some arguments but, at this point I just want something to discuss.

My question is,

Who are in your opinion, the 5 best drivers in NASCAR?

Here is my list:

1. Jimmie Johnson
    2. Jeff Gordon
    3. Tony Stewart
    4. Kyle Busch
    5. Carl Edwards

The criteria I used is past success, driver talent, and future potential.

I'm sure I'll have a lot of you guys disagree with me. But I just want something to talk about.
    Kyle Busch #18 M&M's Toyota Camry
    Dario Franchitti #10 Target Honda Dallara DW12

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    1. Jimmie Johnson
    2. Jeff Gordon
    3. Matt Kenseth
    4. Kevin Harvick
    5. Kyle Busch

these 5 are also prolly the best closer's for anyrace, when fast laps have to be done, not really sure whos better. I have used the what have you done for me lately, Stewart is off because hes been on the decline, even before forming his own team, he was not getting the results at Gibbs anymore. I'd have Edwards a close 6th and could pass Busch on the list if he gets some big wins.

Johnson is a gimmy, though the Chase has padded his Championship, but theres no denying he can put it on the line and win time and time again.

Gordon, when he has the setup, hes still nearly unbeatable

may say why Kenseth is up there, its no denying hes one of the best, has a Cup Championship, won the Daytona 500 and Coke 600, and Harvick is really the same driver as Kenseth, both Qualify poorly and get the car right when the time comes.

Kyle Busch, hes been good, but what did he do Pre-Toyota money? then getting Toyota money. its been a big difference, hard to judge his performance just cause hes won more in the lower level these past years and has failed to win a major Nascar race, yeah he won the southern 500, but the True Southern 500 is no longer real, unless Nascar moves it back to Labor Day.
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Top 5?

1)Jimmie Johnson
    2)Kyle Busch (I cant stand the guy, but he can wheel a race car)
    3)Denny Hamlin (underratted and when he is on, he is ON)
    4) Kevin Harvick (he proves he is smarter than most, and is cagey. You never know when the Closer is coming until he wins. This isn't an accident)
    5) Carl Edwards. (Concrete Carl is as close to Kyle in being a true wheel man as anyone...)
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Cool My top 5

1) Kyle Busch-Cant stand him, but flat out getting er done (sorry, not just copying from Mark, either-I have been contemplating this for a few days now, even before him winning the snooze fest at Kentucky)

2) Jimmie Johnson-5 championships in a row, whether they are deemed to be BS or not because of the chase. He still had to man up and get it done all those times, and he did.

3) Jeff Gordon-May have been struggling as of late, but 84 cup wins and 4 cups (all full season deals I might add).....can you say "Hall of Fame" Numbers

4) Tony Stewart-can drive ANYTHING with 4 wheels, alot of horsepower, and a steering wheel. Championships in both Indy Car and Sprint Cup.

5) Sorry Harv, your my driver and all of that, and you probably just might make it on this list eventually, but I just cant rank you in the top 5 just yet. Not until one of two things happen. Either win a Cup, or at the very least learn how to qualify. Not sure exactly who I would stick in p5 right now. Kenseth has a cup, been every inconsistent he last several years. Biffle is another wheelman I don't like, but I cant hold that against him-he can flat out drive but this year so far has been an abomination for him. And Denny Hamlin, he may lead the series the last now year and a half with 9 wins, but he just has this tendency to allow other drivers (like Harvick, Johnson, even his own team mates) to get in his head and crumble. Look at the pre race press conference at Homstead last year. JJ was a calm as a cuke (probably the been there done that attitude), Harv was glowing, cutting jokes, just as bubbly as can be (he had been there done that, too, albeit in a lower series) and Hammy was an absolute MESS.... So, I gotta take him down a few for the psychological stuff. And don't even get me started on Junebug. I was gonna rank Harv down around p7 or 8, but I almost find myself having to rate him p5 almost by default-seeing how he could at least claim that he would have won a cup under a full season points system, and Mark is right. His uncanny ability to be there at the end is very Labonte like (pick either one in their prime). SO ok Harv P5 with my other love to hate driver (Kurt Busch) P6 and Hamlin P7
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Wow! Good to see Kyle so high on some of your list. I think he is the most talanted driver and has the most upside, but I have to give the multiple champions their do's.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    1. Kyle Busch
    2. Tony Stewart
    3. Jeff Gordon
    4. Jimmie Johnson
    5. Kurt Busch

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yep, Kyle Busch is the best driver in NASCAR at this time.
    Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanicaFan
    Yep, Kyle Busch is the best driver in NASCAR at this time.
    Wish he was still with HMS

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MD24
    Wish he was still with HMS
    Jeff Gordon is really fond of Kyle, but apparently Mr. Hendrick thought Dale Jr. was a better investment. How's that working for you Mr. Hendrick?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I predict Kyle will be back at HMS replacing Gordon when he retires