Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Same here.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I really don't think Horner had too much of a say in it today, he reminded me of David Cameron (even more so!) in that awkward interview with the BBC...

But let's speculate that it was Marko and the higher echelons at RBR who issued the order from the top down. Why? From a marketing perspective it's understandable as Vettel is far more marketable than Sebby, he's younger, he is the WDC, he has German as his first language and Mark is in the twilight of his career. But from a racing point of view it seemed entirely nonsensical as Vettel would lose a few points which considering his margin over 'Nando and Mark is pretty big. Then for Horner to say something along the lines of "we didn't want both drivers to end up in the fence" (or words to that effect, I've forgotten the exact quote, sorry) made the whole thing seem even more ridiculous as surely, Red Bull have learnt from Turkey 2010.

Liked 1,090 Times in 607 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker
    So once again Red Bull does their best to screw Webber and help their goldenboy, Rapunzel. But no worries, he has by far the best and fastest car, so even if he keeps up making mistakes on the last lap, his awesome car and Helmet "teamorder" Marko will help him to another WDC.
    Well, yeah. This incident surprises you how, exactly?
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    People change opinions and go back on decisions and things they said all the time in real life, why do people think F1 teams and politicians should never change stance.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I seem to recall another incident in Turkey last year when Button was repeatedly told to slow down and conserve fuel... back when the team orders had to be hidden... Every team does this... I am most impressed that Horner actually acknowledges that Webber ignored the order to hold position. Its a shame they didn't tangle and both RBR's dnf'd Vettel would still have a very commanding (I can sit out 2 races and still have the lead) lead, while Webber would have been looking real pretty sitting down in 5th place instead of 2nd where he is in now! Hey Mark was a potential 6 point gain worth looking like a complete idiot?
    The Preceding post may have contained nudity, sexuality, violence, coarse language and Jacques
    Villeneuve and is intended for a mature audience, parental guidance is advised.
    So you wanna know what the PS Stands for.

Liked 41 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Whyzars
    A number 2 driver that is a team player has got to be worth something...
    I just read on another thread that Webber was ignoring the team order.

I don't care what anyone says, he has not had the same equipment this year.

It'll be interesting to see where Webber ends up in 2012...

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I don't really see the issue. Surely most of the teams would have told their drivers to hold position in a similar situation? Formula 1 is after all a team sport and team orders are legal, unlike last year.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IceWizard
    I don't really see the issue. Surely most of the teams would have told their drivers to hold position in a similar situation? Formula 1 is after all a team sport and team orders are legal, unlike last year.
    There is no issue, just some bruised egos and Ferrari fans trying to paint a legal team order being worse then an illegal one. Typical stuff.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Whyzars
    It'll be interesting to see where Webber ends up in 2012...
    At this rate... Probably Indycar :
    The Preceding post may have contained nudity, sexuality, violence, coarse language and Jacques
    Villeneuve and is intended for a mature audience, parental guidance is advised.
    So you wanna know what the PS Stands for.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    You had a big problem with it when Ferrari did simply because one of your favourite drivers (Felipe Massa) was forced to give up a lead he had earnt. You were very vocal back then, but its nice to see your views now you are on the opposite side of the fence. Thanks for showing that regardless of driver favourism, your views are not affected.. lol.
    Bla bla bla. Legal vs Illegal! I'm sure even trolls like you get it. LOL!