Page 194 of 203 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 2022
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    rally results every wednesday from almost 100 series: http://www.rallysport.hu

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Highlights from Rallye Monte-Carlo 2012. Nicely done i should say.

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    So I'm back in Prague. Some my thoughts after four consecutive years in RMC...

It was really long event. I can't complain about too little stages per day because You can hardly see more as a spectator especially if You want to watch all cars somewhere out of the huge crowds (at least kilometer from crossroads). It was actually easier from last editions, no waking up at five etc...

Sometimes it was really nice, sometimes disappointing. Definitely not the most spectacular edition of those I visited. That's the 2010 for me. In terms of atmosphere I find previous years better in some way (although there was more spectators generally). As it's my personal feeling it definitely has something to do that the fight on the very top was without those I support (I admit I was doing RMC supporting Škoda crews in previous years). This time I wasn't in Turini but from what I could see it lost something due to more strict spectator regulation and absolutely dry surface. I'm actually quite happy to go to Col St. Roch on SS Lantosque-Luceram instead. All those fires around the never-ending hairpins in the cliffs is something special. We counted 114 fires from one spot!

Some of You complained about the huge time gaps. You are right but look at the other side of the coin. RMC had an average length of a stage well over 20 km which is more than any other event. In this type of roads the time gaps are big over such distance. The results are looking actually pretty old-stylish with gaps in minutes. Would it be better to have forty ten kilometers long stages? I don't think so but some of You would be happy to have drivers separated by seconds not minutes.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    All this stages should be in three days event.

Liked 827 Times in 374 Posts
    The gamble with the tires added also some seconds/minutes to the time gaps.

Liked 78 Times in 27 Posts
    I must admit I am more than a little disappointed with the Motors TV and Eurosport highlights show for each day. In a >30 minute show (considering ad breaks) to have a third to a half of the show dedicated to previous day/days action, it left little room for actual highlights from any given day. There was prolonged periods of the top 4 or 5 drivers, lingering on 3 to 4 sequences of shots, going through the stages. However you never got to see much further down the order. If a car is in the top 10, they deserve at least a 5 to 10 shot in action. Hardly saw Henning or Wilson, Aroujo & Nobre in the WRC cars, let alone a mention of P.G. in his Proton or Abbring in the S2000 cars, I mean there was only 3 of them for most of the event, how hard could it have been to show a quick shot.

The main point of this rant is not just demand variety in the drivers so far as coverage goes. My point is that it is the media coverage that will satisfy the sponsors for their drivers. No point is spending X amount of Euros on a campaign if it is not going to get some TV time in front of the millions of fans watching. So while it is good to celebrate the efforts of the top drivers, but with out supporting the others drivers competing in the championship, you will lose them and thus will have no championship at all.

So please, the grand powers that be, limit the reviews to 3 to 6 minutes maximum and that can give you time to show a passing shot of Driver X and help him keep his sponsor further into 2012 and beyond. Even if it during the cuts to ad breaks, rather than looking down a misty mountain valley. The simulcam shots were nice but only use it once or twice with a relevant car battle, not three or four times plus an extra time with them all combined. Also there is no need to repeat the showing the maps of a stage, when it is exactly the same as the morning pass. Added up, some shots of the other drivers could have been included and it would have proven to have been just as entertaining, while providing the drivers with the exposure they need in these tough times.
    Happiness is using the side windows more than the windscreen

In reply to being asked what 240Kph on Watagans Road was like:-
    \"Wait till I check my pants, I didn\'t know whether to sh#t myself or orgasm!!!\"

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    If you watch Day 5 coverage, IT IS THE BEST. Review of first 4 days was done well, graphics and commentary I think.. still some mistakes but I also watched in FULL HD.
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    All except heavy metal music.

Liked 49 Times in 28 Posts
    I am looking for good pictures of Campana. Anybody got any?
    Supporting Ogier in the WRC & Ferrari in F1 & Ducati in MotoGP.