Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

RBR Mod Free Championship Round 1- Finland Artic Lapland Rally

Temperatures can drop below -25 degrees Celsius on this event but the special challenge of the frozen roads makes it one of the most popular among drivers. Despite the ice and snow-covered stages, speeds are still frighteningly quick thanks to metal studded tyres which bite through the soft surface into the hard-packed ground below.

The event also features snow banks which drivers use as soft barriers on which to 'lean' their cars around corners. There are plenty of hazards, though. Hit a snow bank at the wrong speed and it can bite back, filling radiators with snow or sucking the car in completely. If this happens, the driver and co-driver reach for the shovels they are required to carry on board.

Rally Info
    -----------------------------
    5-11 July, 2011

Rules
    -----
    Tyre choice is free for all stages
    Pacenotes - Audio only, not visual
    REDUCED Damage Setting
    Gears-neutral lock and gear protection allowed
    NO pacecar ghosts (see options menu) are allowed
    Supperally-slowest time +30 seconds for each stage missed

Stages
    ------
    Day 1
    SS1 - Autiovaara (Finland) - Good Weather- 6.1km
    SS2 - Kaihuavaara (Finland) - Good Weather - 6.1km
    SS3 - Mustaselka (Finland) -Good Weather- 7.9km

Day 2
    SS5 - Kaihuavaara II (Finland) - Bad Weather - 6.1km
    SS6 - Mustaselka II (Finland) - Bad Weather - 7.7km
    SS7 - Autiovaara (Finland) - Bad Weather - 6.1km
    SS8 - Sikakama (Finland)-Bad Weather-10.2km

Day 3
    SS9-Sikakama (Finland)-Good Weather-10.2km
    SS10-Mustaselka (Finland)-Good Weather- 7.9km

Submitting times
    ----------------
    Please submit times by PM to Tannat by midnight, Monday July 11.

Videos and screenshots welcomed and encouraged...

Cheers, and good luck!

Tannat
    9-23-2006 Cadey-Lee Deacon,The Rocket Pub, New Parks, Leicester: Little one, through some miracle of reincarnation may you be given a second chance at a full life. You\'ll not soon leave our thoughts and prayers ;(

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    It's rather quiet here. Anyway I have done my pre-event testing, about 40km in worth, and brief recce for the event. I'm planning to get the rally done today. I have come to grips with the Corolla but I need little more mileage to work out few issues, hopefully I can sort them out during the event.

Itinerary wise I think the decider will be second day, how the driver copes with extra snow on the stages. Lot of time can be lost on SS5-SS8 if the car is sliding too much, on the other hand if the doesn't slide enough then time can be lost again.
    <Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes>

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Finished the rally. Didn't had major offs but few small ones. Also I was little sloppy at times in slower corners resulting time loss. I am happy because I didn't retire, on these stages it is very easy to make small error but it can result heavy damage to the car or even DNF. But overall I am not so happy because I made too many small mistakes which could have been easily avoided.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for the writeup-Neverknow.

Will try to run this one tonight and get soem results posted.

Looks like this may be a 2 entry round
    9-23-2006 Cadey-Lee Deacon,The Rocket Pub, New Parks, Leicester: Little one, through some miracle of reincarnation may you be given a second chance at a full life. You\'ll not soon leave our thoughts and prayers ;(

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Neverknow-I've given this a little thought-I think I am going to let this championship be a dnf. I hope you understand.

I'm finding it difficult to talk myself into running the stages.... and it is just you and I. You have my apologies.

Can you tell me something-do you do any rallying on RSRBR in the championship mode? I know of a team that would love to have you on board.

Again, apologies for letting the championship die, but it is difficult to justify the time for just two entries.

Best always..

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I fully understand the decision of not continuing with the championship.

About the RSRBR question, I don't do any championships at the moment, only occasional public rallies. What championship you have in mind, I might be interested.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Have a look heer, NeverKnow

Press on! Rallysport and CMS Rally Team

Two RSRBR teeams run from this site. I am on Press on! Rallysport -but it is full. The second team, CMS Rally team is looking for members.

I am certain they would greatly appreciate someone with your speed!

Your sole obligatin wouldbe to run a team rally each week for which the team receives points. Some rallies score more points than others-a bit too early to discuss that issue fully.

Have a look, and if you are interested go to this thread and say tannat sent you

Important CMS Rally Team Recruitment - Page 13

Would love to have you...

Cheers,

James