Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Wind'em up and watch'em go , Mr Midnight , sir .

You seem bent on becoming the forum bigot , slapping labels where you please . It seems to have a few people upset , if you hadn't noticed .

Are you saying that Marco has no chance of success in F1 ?
    If so , is it because he is from the US ?

Just clear that much up for me , please .

This debate is a mess . Perhaps we can get back to a reasonable discussion .

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_andrew
    Not a big fan of drag racing are you?

It's not proper racing, explains why it's big in America, as the cars and drivers can't do corners.

Quote Originally Posted by jjanicke
    No offense buddy but lets get dirty (you want to fight.. so let's go). Who are these mother fnckers (and I like them and believe they belong in F1):

Felipe Massa
    Giancarlo Fisichella
    Jenson Button
    Rubens Barrichello
    Nick Heidfeld
    Ralf Schumacher
    Pedro de la Rosa
    Jarno Trulli
    David Coulthard
    Mark Webber
    Christian Klien
    Vitantonio Liuzzi

... and that's only 2006. All drivers with nothing to show. A win here and there but nothing real and consistant. No MS, No FA, and for sure no KR.

Give me a fncking break and let's see what marco or gram or speed does over a period of time. Racing in the US is on par with anything else. Not only that, we can prove it (if you are too ignorant to accept that don't ask)

fnck off!
    Rubbish no American driver since Mario Andretti has come close to those you've listed and on the evidence so far none will for some time to come. Wonder if Rahal will be as poor as his dad was at Jaguar, clueless he was, totally out of his depth.

Quote Originally Posted by jso1985
    How many were interested compared to men? if they're crap, what are then Buddy Rice, A.J. Foyt IV, and all the male drivers Danica Patrick beated this year?

heck, I don't even like USA much but average at everything? haven't they won more gold at the olympics than any other country?
    Just proves they are even worse than she is, which really is saying something, it's a crap series for crap racers.

Yes they have won quite a lot of Golds but a) they are a pretty big country pro rata they are doing worse than Luxemburg and b) lucky they abolished slavery as had they not your medal count would be drastically slashed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan
    You seem bent on becoming the forum bigot , slapping labels where you please . It seems to have a few people upset , if you hadn't noticed .

Are you saying that Marco has no chance of success in F1 ?
    If so , is it because he is from the US ?
    The truth often upsets those unable to accept it and that's why they will continue to flounder in this stupid belief that everything American is great and wonderful when the rest of the world knows it's second rate at best.

So far Marco has proved that the best of the Stateside series are way below what is required in Europe and F1 in particular, but the rest of the world already knows that, just a few dumb asses that don't.

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolton Midnight

The truth often upsets those unable to accept it and that's why they will continue to flounder in this stupid belief that everything American is great and wonderful when the rest of the world knows it's second rate at best.

So far Marco has proved that the best of the Stateside series are way below what is required in Europe and F1 in particular, but the rest of the world already knows that, just a few dumb asses that don't.
    So , I will take that as a yes , then , will I ?

You praise his grandfather , but then , he's Italian , right ?
    He cut his teeth in the good ol' US .

There have been a few Yanks that have done pretty well , Bolton .
    To dismiss Marco outright , for being born American , and raised in the American racing environment is pretty petty .
    How did you like that demo at Indy where Jeffy got within a second of Juan in a few laps ? You think Juan slowed down for Jeffy ?
    Do you think Jeffy will slow down for Juan , now he's in that cup car ?

Oh , yeah , I guess Juan is South American , being Columbian .

While it is true that not everything American is great , it is not true that it is second rate at best .
    Your bias against America is no different from those about whom you generalize .

Marco is not necessarily the best that there is , stateside , but has , at least some good experience he can draw from his lineage , and a boatload of potential in the marketting end of things .
    We shall see if he gets more time , as the numbers will mean more to the engineers , than to us .

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Can you guys continue this in a nice way? I mean no insults, no nationality issues...come on give it a try
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolton Midnight
    Odd that your ignorance is so well rooted that you cannot tell the difference between facts and opinion. Everything American is not great and wonderful. I haven't noticed anyone here suggesting that. We have a great many flaws in a great many areas. But to say that it (everything American) is second rate at best is a further demonstration of your ignorance and prejudice.

I would say it is the greatest desire of most European youngsters, who are racing wannabes, to make it to Formula One. That is not true in the United States. The number of American kids who direct themselves toward formula car racing in general, and F1 specifically, reflects that. You may not like that. You may not agree with the way that young people here see things. Though my guess is you struggle with anyone who doesn't see things your way. But that is the way it is.

People such as yourself are amusing. I'm sure the story behind whatever made you this way would be fascinating. Was it an American G.I. who impregnated your sister and skipped off? An American tourist who slapped you like a woman outside a bar, while on holiday? Maybe you worked at one of the U.K. factories I shut down a couple of years ago? Maybe you're just down on your luck and you're simply envious and jealous. Who knows?

In any case, I know a lot of fine people from the U.K. It's unfortunate that people like you seem to exist only to embarrass them.

A toast to ALL the fine European racing fans on this board during this holiday season. And a lump of coal in the stockings of those little boys (posing as men) who can't play well with others. :
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    OK forget my request...thread closed !
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life