Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon
    And that's something Webber doesn't have. He's on the downside of his career and a move to Renault is an admission that he's no longer serious about the world championship.
    Yeah but may be a move to Renault while he has 2 or three more years left in him isn't so bad an idea either? Lets face it, we saw last year that Red Bull were happy to sacrifice Mark's championship hopes in order to aid Sebastien's. With Mark's Pirelli tyre struggle this year then I doubt this will ever change so if he ever wants to become world champion it's very unlikely to happen at RBR.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by keysersoze
    With Renault's rumored financial woes, I doubt they could pay him more than he's making now. And it would have to be significantly more for him to make a move. I would think after 10+ years in F1 that Mark is doing very well financially, and $$$ is a secondary concern for him.

He's not going to win a WDC at RBR, but he might win races. I'd also say he's highly unlikely to win at Renault, and it might not be so easy to beat Petrov.

OT, I'm a Vitaly believer, but I'd really like to see Kubica return fully healthy to see if the Renault's potential is being maximized.
    I am not a fan of his but Webber is every bit as good as Kubica was (and probably won't be again).
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight
    Lets face it, we saw last year that Red Bull were happy to sacrifice Mark's championship hopes in order to aid Sebastien's.
    Any chance you can back this up?
    Red Bull gave both their drivers equal chances to win it and as only one can be the winner one had to lose.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Any chance you can back this up?
    Red Bull gave both their drivers equal chances to win it and as only one can be the winner one had to lose.
    Silverstone. Red Bull takes your wings.

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    I don't know why but I feel like saying welcome back Valve. I'm under the impression that I haven't seen you around here lately.... though I might be wrong.

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    this may be true
    the other night on one he said that he will be making his decision in the next couple months
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight
    Silverstone. Red Bull takes your wings.
    That was mid season, and it didn't harm Webber's chances at all.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderbolt
    this may be true
    the other night on one he said that he will be making his decision in the next couple months
    I saw the interview too. In all previous interviews he was quite clear that he wasn't leaving Red Bull, but in that most recent interview on One HD I thought he was very much leaving the door wide open to going to another team...

Even though Mark isn't performing as well as last year, he seems to be way more motivated and happier then he was last year for some reason. In the interview he kept refering to the fact that he had "options" and he was "looking forward to sitting down and having a good look at all the different possibilities"

Sounds to me like a man who is quite excited about the opportunity of doing something different... and he does keep saying that Ferrari has "a certain attraction for a driver"

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Mark Webber will be the new safety car driver when he retires from F1. You heard it here first boys n girls.
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 555-04Q2
    Mark Webber will be the new safety car driver when he retires from F1. You heard it here first boys n girls.
    Bernd Maylander has led a lot more laps than Webber so far this year so that could be viewed as a promotion.