Page 60 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
    Liked 28 Times in 12 Posts
    The interesting thing is the Ogier had 2 years on his contract left with Citroen. Original rumour was that Ford bought him out of it now. Now it seems this is not the case as Ford are'nt even committed to next year so either he left by mutual consent or Citroen must have paid him off. If it was the latter then thats a big move to make to do that to someone who has the potential to win the Championship.

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tfp
    Thats what I was thinking.
    Malcolm says (something along the lines of) "I want him to come back and say a proper goodbye"
    Did anyone who attended rally gb see him around the time of the podium celebrations? Or at any other time after the crash?
    Yea he was there to congratulate JML at the finish line

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arwel Davies
    The interesting thing is the Ogier had 2 years on his contract left with Citroen. Original rumour was that Ford bought him out of it now. Now it seems this is not the case as Ford are'nt even committed to next year so either he left by mutual consent or Citroen must have paid him off. If it was the latter then thats a big move to make to do that to someone who has the potential to win the Championship.
    Ogier thought that he was faster/better than Loeb.That was of course not true as Loeb showed to everybody at last rallies,even without help of Ogier who had an exit once again.while his role was supporting to Loeb.
    Ogier also forget that he is a Citroen employe,with his refuse to help Loeb.Latvala wasn t stupid to do.Thats why Latvala will have the support of Malcolm,while at Ogier they show the exit door.When i saw that Frederic Banzet anounced the Loeb extra 2 year contract,it was clear that Quesnel together with Ogier had f@cked up everything.
    I am not surprised with all these things happened.Hope only Ogier didn t destroy his career,because he is very valuable at wrc.
    Some times you have to be patience.

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts
    Latvala didn't have chances (maybe mathematical) when he was helping Mikko.And the diffrence between Loeb and Ogier was just few points and both had real chances for the title. It's totally different situation when you have to help. In new contract Loeb is no.1 and it's against Ogier contract. For Ogier is no point in wasting 2 years helping Loeb.. As far as I know Ogier didn't refuse to help Loeb. In Australia he give a position to Loeb. Ogier had his chance to get title in Australia but he crashed.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ford have just started listing WRC merchandise in their own website, (separate from M-sport)

I know it's a very weak sign, but hopefully it's pointing in the right direction!
    Supporting flying finn's in the WRC! My Flickr

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Arwel Davies
    My theory on that is in Loebs contract. He made a demand that if he stayed that Ogier left at the end of the year, after all, he doesnt want any competition.
    And I dont blame him. If you were organising a party, and invited 30 girls, would you invite 30 blokes aswel? Would you hell, you wouldnt want any competition

Quote Originally Posted by Allyc85
    Yea he was there to congratulate JML at the finish line
    At least things here look ok then I wonder what Malcolm meant when he said what I quoted?
    Ha'wey Hamilton, bring the WDC crown home and the beers are on me :up:

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Love
    Ford have just started listing WRC merchandise in their own website, (separate from M-sport)

I know it's a very weak sign, but hopefully it's pointing in the right direction!
    Or maybe they'll run it in-house as a Factory team.....and let M-Sport run Ford Privateers.......

No, that won't happen.....

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    Maybe Ford will run a factory team as Citroen do and keep it ALL inhouse ,as with a satellite team as M Sport is,they are there to make a profit.If M Sport lose the "Contract",then all the workforce could be offered employment at say Boreham,as before in the 70s with the "Ford Rally Team" This would see more direct control,and all the budget put directly into the works team.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    Or maybe they'll run it in-house as a Factory team.....and let M-Sport run Ford Privateers.......
    I wish!
    Ha'wey Hamilton, bring the WDC crown home and the beers are on me :up:

Liked 111 Times in 48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by havk
    Latvala didn't have chances (maybe mathematical) when he was helping Mikko.And the diffrence between Loeb and Ogier was just few points and both had real chances for the title. It's totally different situation when you have to help. In new contract Loeb is no.1 and it's against Ogier contract. For Ogier is no point in wasting 2 years helping Loeb.. As far as I know Ogier didn't refuse to help Loeb. In Australia he give a position to Loeb. Ogier had his chance to get title in Australia but he crashed.
    right words, well said!!