Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    She'll be in the wall with Sato turn 1. Guaranteed.
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TURN3
    Yep, enough of the naysayers. All those that can count on 1 hand the front row starts this hack has had. She's on her way to about a 10th place finish so long as she doesn't crash anybody whilst getting freight-trained Sat night.
    Well, you could be gracious and let DF celebrate his driver on being on the the front row, but no...
    "Risk sweetens everything" - Peter Revson (1939 - 1974)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FormerFF
    Well, you could be gracious and let DF celebrate his driver on being on the the front row, but no...
    The funny thing is that in the extremely rare event she actually does do something good, a few of her fans have to ruin it for her. She wouldn't be nearly as polarizing if it weren't for people like that. I caught the end of the VS telecast and it was telling how each one of the commentators were shocked. When you've been racing for one of the best teams for 6+ years and a front row start is that shocking, it says a lot wouldn't you agree? But no, we're all just naysayers.
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Hell of a job by Sato, he's been doing really well lately.
    Kyle Busch #18 M&M's Toyota Camry
    Dario Franchitti #10 Target Honda Dallara DW12

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I will give DF his moment of glory. That was a heck of a run to 2nd. She and Sato were about the only ones who had a setup that could keep the car low.

But things returned mostly to normal in last practice. DP was 19th, and most of the usual suspects were in the top half. But Ed quickest? Didn't see that coming. Ana in 9th? She has very quietly been running well lately.

With the top 18 all within .2 seconds, it should be quite a race. Even the slowest - Saavedra - is only .4 off Ed
    I read it on the internet, so it must be true

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I watch Sato's run on TV and he really pinched that car down ALL the way around. Very impressive indeed but the first thing that came to my mind is he'll pinch it too hard 1 time in the race and Sato out of the race.
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What?! Sato on the pole and DP 2nd?! Holy mackerel! I'm not a fan of the short ovals, but I'll be watching this one.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I watch Sato's run on TV and he really pinched that car down ALL the way around. Very impressive indeed but the first thing that came to my mind is he'll pinch it too hard 1 time in the race and Sato out of the race.
    I have to believe this is a situation where the quals cars will be quite different from the racetrim cars. That is not to take anything away from Sato and Danica, who have both semi impressed me at points this season. However, I would not be surprised if there was a big incident up front in lap 1, and also I expect Penske and Ganassi to be up front within 20 laps. It's a shame Scheckter aint there, he'd be a fun one to watch the first few laps after each restart.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    When you've been racing for one of the best teams for 6+ years and a front row start is that shocking, it says a lot wouldn't you agree? But no, we're all just naysayers.
    AA hasn't been one of the best team for nearly 3 years but if that floats your boat and you want to compare within the team go ahead, she is in front of all of her teammates not only in qualifying at Iowa but in season points. Yes you are naysayer. Let Danicafan have his day;we go to the road/street courses next and that will be a different story.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickFalzone
    I have to believe this is a situation where the quals cars will be quite different from the racetrim cars. That is not to take anything away from Sato and Danica, who have both semi impressed me at points this season. However, I would not be surprised if there was a big incident up front in lap 1, and also I expect Penske and Ganassi to be up front within 20 laps. It's a shame Scheckter aint there, he'd be a fun one to watch the first few laps after each restart.
    Hard to expect Penske up front with their lackluster cars during qualification. I'm a Danica fan and it's great to see her up front. I'm a realist though and don't expect her to finish there. Just not a risk taker.

Sato on the pole the week of his Dad's funeral is one of those great stories. I wish him well in the Race. "Doing it for dad" is always a big deal. Great to see TK up there too.