Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    Some of those payback moves were plain dumb and tiresome but then again JPM was asking for it for that turn 2 punt.

*goes back to watching V8 Supercars*
    I agree, but Kyle Busch was having a good run when he was taking out by Kesolowski and Montoya's little fued. I'm all for paybacks as long as nobody else gets taken out in them. Like Tony for example, why would he take out 3-4 cars just to dump Vickers? Stupid is what it is.
    Kyle Busch #18 M&M's Toyota Camry
    Dario Franchitti #10 Target Honda Dallara DW12

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 00steven
    I agree, but Kyle Busch was having a good run when he was taking out by Kesolowski and Montoya's little fued. I'm all for paybacks as long as nobody else gets taken out in them. Like Tony for example, why would he take out 3-4 cars just to dump Vickers? Stupid is what it is.
    Montoya is an idiot, he was playing bumper cars all day and guys like Truex and Brad simply had enough of this crap. he was pushing people off the road.

Stewart is in the same boat, when he wrecked vickers for "so-called" blocking, Vickers was also trying to pass other cars in the hairpin and took the inside. dont know what Stewart was thinking, the only thing was McDowell should've been parked for his wreck on think Blaney, totally uncalled for
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    . . . the only thing was McDowell should've been parked for his wreck on think Blaney, totally uncalled for
    Are you thinking about Bobby Labonte in the #47 instead of Blaney?

I'm not sure what McDowell was thinking about. I have to think that that incident was an accident. If it wasn't, it would be interesting to know what it was all about.
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yeah, Labonte, forgot who he tagged, but that looked far from an accident, McDowell just took a hard left and Labonte in the wall. unless Bobby make a dirty move before, thats not a move to pull to get payback.
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    I typically watch IndyCar and Formula 1, and sometimes half-year old BTCC race if SpeedTV finally decides to show one in the US. I am just curious, how does last weekend's Sprint Cup race rank relative to an "average" NASCAR race. It was the first ever Sprint Cup race I tried to watch from the beginning to the end, and I thought it was pretty snooze inducing. The track had interesting features but it was short and got repetitive and boring pretty fast, and there was no enough action to make up for that IMO.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85
    I typically watch IndyCar and Formula 1, and sometimes half-year old BTCC race if SpeedTV finally decides to show one in the US. I am just curious, how does last weekend's Sprint Cup race rank relative to an "average" NASCAR race. It was the first ever Sprint Cup race I tried to watch from the beginning to the end, and I thought it was pretty snooze inducing. The track had interesting features but it was short and got repetitive and boring pretty fast, and there was no enough action to make up for that IMO.
    The race at Infeneon was about as good as they get. Recommend that you not waste your time watching any more NASCAR races.
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 00steven
    Why, back when they ran Riversied (admittedly a larger, wider, fater and much better track) did one not read in[i]Autoweek & Competition Press) about payback, demo derby etc., etc., etc.

One would read about some drver spinning out because they either pushed too hard, or were not comfortable with a road course yet, but this supposed "normal" demo-derby rank amateur asininity was not the norm.

They also had cars which were five hundred pounds heavier; therefore being much hard to push hard, and while they had open choice for tires, the compounds then were not near as good as now.

USAC stock-cars, which were just as good as NASCAR's, ran far more road races and the supposedly "accepted" crash fest never seemed to show up.