Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aki13
    Don't just critise this as it is only an idea of what could potentially happen.

It would be dictated by whether other teams felt the move of Ferrari to join another series mean't they would move to the breakaway championship.

If the movement of Ferrari led to Mclaren, Renault and others to breakaway also F1 may not survive the longer term.

Imagine Ferrari, Mclaren, Mercedes and Renault all jumping away.

This could lead to the best drivers moving with the teams to the new series leaving only 6 or 7 teams in F1.
    With the best teams, best drivers and most money in the new series, many fans may leave a watch the breakaway leading F1 into a dark hole from which it couldn't escape.

This is not what I think would happen, but its just a example of the worst case senerio of how F1's most prestigious teams departure could lead to a snow ball effect.

Just a fun idea, what do you think?
    I think this could happen, if the top drivers left with the top teams, we are essentially left with a Gp2 like series.

Liked 669 Times in 467 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    What about looking at the question in a different way. Let's say Ferrari left F1 and joined a breakaway championship, would F1 survive then?
    It would depend on the breakaway series. Really in the past most of the grumble about the breakaways is nothing but a grab for money. Bernie wants more, the teams and drivers want more. The majority of them already have a lot of money and are but a small gear in the machine. Maybe the mechanics, designers, and other engineers should make a money grab and create their own series?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    just think about f1 without ferrari.
    f1 's commercial character will ruin
    an enormous amount of fans of f1 will de hugely disappointed.
    a department of ferrari will be something devastating for the sport.
    When your opponent admits his loss and your win then he deserves a part of your hapiness.
    ;)

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    A few years ago I'd have said yes, now I'd say no.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    What about looking at the question in a different way. Let's say Ferrari left F1 and joined a breakaway championship, would F1 survive then?
    It would depend on the regs. You just have to look at the response to the new engine regs.

Regardless of what LDM came out with Ferrari exist to go racing which you can't say for most other constructors/manufacturers in F1. The majority within FOTA are having to justify shareholders of spending in F1 with 'car relevant' regs.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Today's F1 is great, but my memory is more associated to a moment when tobaccos were allowed, teams like Ferrari, McLaren, BMW Williams, Jaguar, BAR Honda, and mid players like Honda Jordan, Minardi, were competing in the championship. Perhaps it was 2000's. Just like when BMW, Jaguar and BAR decided to leave the sport, letting Ferrari go would be a great loss.