Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Simona

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I recall an article on an excited Fisher taking delivery of a new tub and references made to the weight and flex of the old tub due crash damage repairs.
    Who, What, When, Where, Why -- http://champcarstats.com/

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Calling a race car "porkchop" doesn't bode well for performance, but most of Simona's recent issues are mental I suspect. Hit too many walls and have weird accidents and it would strike down anyone's confidence.

I wont be a DF and say the girl cant do no wrong. But as said above, Simona is trying to do things the right way..
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by vintage
    Do you actually know this or are you just spreading the urban legend?
    No I'm sure he knows it. They reported during the race broadcast at Texas (or was it Milwaukee, I'm having trouble remembering now) that this last particular chassis was several years old and much heavier than the newer "oval" chassis most teams are running these days-I thought they said it was an '03 but what do I know, I cant even remember which race it was reported in
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    As for Simona- I like her moxie. The practice crash at Indy wasnt her fault, the suspension broke. And why is it every time she crashes it seems like the car becomes a freakin Roman Candle? That's gotta be rough for anyone to take-yet she keeps jumpin right back in for more. I wanna see what she can do in a Penske, Gnassi or even an Andretti quality car before I make up my mind for sure, but I believe that she is a good driver. Obviously, she needs some more work on the ovals, I can't dispute that. But her wrecks, for the most part seem to be because of an ill handling car or parts failures and not from getting in over her head making an ill advised pass like Viso and company.
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    And, Simona drives Porkchop to a solid, error free 10th at Toronto. Put this girl in a real car on a good team and she'd be awesome. She should get Briscoe's ride next season. Why not trade one girl for another one if she's better, right?

BZ

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bzcam
    And, Simona drives Porkchop to a solid, error free 10th at Toronto. Put this girl in a real car on a good team and she'd be awesome. She should get Briscoe's ride next season. Why not trade one girl for another one if she's better, right?

BZ
    Nasty!!

I do think Simona proved yesterday that on road and street courses she is tough enough and strong enough to hold her own...even with an older car on a small limited budget team. I would like to see what she can do with a good quality ride.
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    We all know she's really talented on Road/Street courses, but the thing that has impressed me most about her this season is that she went out and put Pork Chop solidly in the show at Indy - with burned hands none the less, while others struggled with top-notch equipment.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ykiki
    We all know she's really talented on Road/Street courses, but the thing that has impressed me most about her this season is that she went out and put Pork Chop solidly in the show at Indy - with burned hands none the less, while others struggled with top-notch equipment.
    By doing that at Indy she has become part of the Legend of Indy and has become part of the hearts and mind of those at Indy and the rest of the world of Indycar Racing. I for one am not worried about her on ovals as oval racing will come to her either with more help from her team or a better team. You can't take a good oval driver and make them into a good road course driver.
    The Only True Triple Crown Winner-- Al Unser Sr. 1978- Indy 500, Pocono 500, Ontario 500

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ykiki
    By doing that at Indy she has become part of the Legend of Indy and has become part of the hearts and mind of those at Indy and the rest of the world of Indycar Racing. I for one am not worried about her on ovals as oval racing will come to her either with more help from her team or a better team. You can't take a good oval driver and make them into a good road course driver.
    The Only True Triple Crown Winner-- Al Unser Sr. 1978- Indy 500, Pocono 500, Ontario 500

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixent
    Hyperbole is great. She has "moxie" - wow!