Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Quesnel Vs Loeb

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Loeb has benifited many times from Citroen team tactics, from teammates doing the dirty jobs for him and staying behind, not giving pressure. He never felt the need to stand up for them. Now that he is the victem of Citroens tactics, he feels it is cheating. Citroen has 2 drivers, both fighting for victory. What ever they do, there is always one driver who is benefititng. This time it was Ogier who had the benefit.
    R.I.P. all WRC heroes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alleskids
    Loeb has benifited many times from Citroen team tactics, from teammates doing the dirty jobs for him and staying behind, not giving pressure. He never felt the need to stand up for them. Now that he is the victem of Citroens tactics, he feels it is cheating. Citroen has 2 drivers, both fighting for victory. What ever they do, there is always one driver who is benefititng. This time it was Ogier who had the benefit.
    You make it sound like Loeb is not Citroen's best bet for the world championship. Even now Loeb is the championship leader - where is Ogier? Behind Mikko.

MJW
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis Pacheco
    Mr. Quesnel don't want to see next year the number 1 on the VW´s doors.
    Sorry but VW will NOT be in in 2012, that is 2013. The VW is not likely to start testing until December 2011, make no mistake VW is not in WRC to come 2nd.

Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MJW
    Sorry but VW will NOT be in in 2012, that is 2013. The VW is not likely to start testing until December 2011, make no mistake VW is not in WRC to come 2nd.
    I don't think it changes anything, look at Mini and Sordo. They are not going to compete in 2012 but they still have to pay drivers, and who's the most experience guy in this business?

MJW
    Quote Originally Posted by wrc1600
    I don't think it changes anything, look at Mini and Sordo. They are not going to compete in 2012 but they still have to pay drivers, and who's the most experience guy in this business?
    BMW Mini started with a part programme this year and full programme in 2012. VW will test in 2012 and not enter any rallies as VW next year so they will not have #1 on the doors in 2013 even if they did sign the 2011 world champion.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Barreis
    Announcing that Loeb has won with a Citroen rallycar is the same as announcing that it is very cold on Antartica and very hot in Saudi Arabia. Rallyfans are only real intereset in the rally if there is a fight, not for a Loeb in a Citroen domination
    This must explain why I stopped watching WRC tv coverages all together and switched to F1.

Quote Originally Posted by tfp
    Maybe its time for Seb to move to another team(Monster WRT anyone ) and if he is as good as his records prove, he can start winning rallies as a privateer. That would be impressive.
    As I mention before, this will never happen unless he is given a car that can win outright with #1 driver status. He will never put that challenge to himself and do what Petter does. This isn't bias view, just how I see Loeb approach it and he has enough success to be in that position of demand. BMW is unlikely, but VW might be possible, but he'll be 39yo by 2013, so I think he'll stop this or next year at Citreon. He don't want to stay around too long to let his rivals beat him and taint his record.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tmx
    This must explain why I stopped watching WRC tv coverages all together and switched to F1.

As I mention before, this will never happen unless he is given a car that can win outright with #1 driver status. He will never put that challenge to himself and do what Petter does. This isn't bias view, just how I see Loeb approach it and he has enough success to be in that position of demand. BMW is unlikely, but VW might be possible, but he'll be 39yo by 2013, so I think he'll stop this or next year at Citreon. He don't want to stay around too long to let his rivals beat him and taint his record.
    +1. I dont think he'd ever pay to be in a rally car, not after the millions he must have earned from citroen:-)
    Ha'wey Hamilton, bring the WDC crown home and the beers are on me :up:

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    Is this like McRae v Sainz and Ford?

Also, at the time - was Makinen's 4 consecutive titles too many!? I actually didn't want anyone to beat that!
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    Makinen said after his retirement: "It'll be hard to beat 4 titles in the row." But better came immidietly.

MJW
    Whilst I have a small feeling of sympathy to Loeb on this, he must feel bad that (certain people) within Citroen seem to favour the new baby over the existing child, I feel that Loeb owes his 7 titles to the fact that Citroen gave him the very best package that may have existed in all times in WRC history. The Xsara, C4 and DS3 all look to be techically superior to the competition. Also except when he was the new kid with Carlos and Colin Loeb has enjoyed a clear number 1 status in the team. I am sure that the Loeb fans will argue but I am convinced Loeb wouldnt be talked about with the same admiration for his record had he spent time driving a Mitsubishi, Subaru, Ford, Suzuki or Skoda.
    Loeb didnt say too much when Sordo had to defer to him. I would just love to see a Seb Loeb, Petter Solberg combination in VW. Loeb is clearly rattled that Ogier, in an equal car is faster than him.
    Also picking up on what others have said, its not news any more when Sebastien Loeb wins, maybe thats the logic in OQ's mind, also and I dont know how car sales in France work but could it be that the car buying demographic for the DS3 are better suited by a 20 something single guy rather than a mid thirties family man with Loeb?