Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Quesnel Vs Loeb

Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alleskids
    Quote Originally Posted by Barreis
    About popularity:
    WRC - Mur | Facebook
    Sebastien Loeb - Mur | Facebook

Loeb will stil be popular, but being him the winner of a rally in a Citroen on sunday wil not sell that much extra Citroens on monday anymore.

Van Merksteijns market value is 50.000 euro - if he wins, the whole rally world is interested in the rally and most are exiting
    Ogiers marketing value is 100.000 euro - if he wins, many of the rally fans are interested and exiting
    Petter marketing value is 1.000.000 euro's - if he wins, the whole rallyworld is exciting and very happy and interested in the rally
    Raikkonens markteting value is 10.000.000 euro's - if he wins, the whole autosport world is exciting and very interested inthe rally
    Loebs marketing value is 1000 euro's - if he wins, again and again and again, only some rallyfans are intereset and exciting for the rally

Announcing that Loeb has won with a Citroen rallycar is the same as announcing that it is very cold on Antartica and very hot in Saudi Arabia. Rallyfans are only real intereset in the rally if there is a fight, not for a Loeb in a Citroen domination
    I wonder how did you get those numbers? Maybe for rally fans Ogier means something but if you ask average driver/car shop customer who is the most popular rally driver they will reply Solberg or Loeb. Ogier needs to earn glory and this will take some years and spectacular wins.

Liked 212 Times in 133 Posts
    I think Mr. Quesnell is jumping from the ship too early, because at this current status I dont think Loeb would risk another year at Citroen, and then what?! Who are they going to pick for number 2?!

If I was Loeb, at this given time, I would contact VW to test their car without contract, just to see where they are going with it, and If I felt the car was indeed in the right direction, I would leave Citroen and try VW for just one or two more years.

And Ford?! Might aswell just leave the championship because they are clearly struggling with a unreliable car.

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wrc1600
    I wonder how did you get those numbers? Maybe for rally fans Ogier means something but if you ask average driver/car shop customer who is the most popular rally driver they will reply Solberg or Loeb. Ogier needs to earn glory and this will take some years and spectacular wins.
    To be honest, I doubt if your average driver has heard of any of them.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    The fact is, people are bored and done with Loeb winning, and now it shows. Imagine if Manchester Utd won the premier league 7(or 8) times in a row. Everyone would get bored.
    I remember a discussion on this forum just after Loeb had won the title last year, we were debating whether any other driver would ever beat him. One guy(cant remember who) hoped that his record will never be beaten, for the reason being that 8 years of complete dominance from one driver will certainly kill the sport altogether.
    Now its all starting to surface, and there are clearly eruptions within the citroen team.

Maybe its time for Seb to move to another team(Monster WRT anyone ) and if he is as good as his records prove, he can start winning rallies as a privateer. That would be impressive.
    Ha'wey Hamilton, bring the WDC crown home and the beers are on me :up:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    the numbers are to put it in proportion. A rally win for Loeb in a Citroen does hardly make any news anymore, while a win for Ogier, or for the other Citroen drivers does.
    Subary rallycars was immediatly linked to the name Colin McRae and vica versa. But how many Subaru's will nowdays be sold thanks to the name McRae?
    Mitsubish i rallycars was immediatly linked to the name Tommi Makinen and vv. But how many Mitsubishi's will be nowdays be sold thanks to the name Makinen?
    Citroen rallycars was immediatly linked to the name Sebastien Loeb and vv. But how many Citroens will be sold on monday thanks to the name Loeb? a lot less then in 2004, 2005, 2006. Citoen is in rally to sell cars. The more succes in the media, the more sells, the higher the budget. But a win for Loeb does hardly add anything to the budget anymore for Quesnell. So he wants new toys and he wants toys he can own by himself, nit a toy from Frequelin.

Loeb is still a very talented rally driver and still populair with rally fans, but not so populair anymore with Citroen Sport/Quesnell.
    R.I.P. all WRC heroes

Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts
    Guys I know you quite right but on the other hand I still enjoy Loeb winnig Maybe it is boring but we can witnessed something extraordinary in rally history. Also I thought other drivers will try to reach his level but 7 years gone and nothing.

Liked 25 Times in 9 Posts
    Great battle between Loeb and MrQ at press-conference:

Loeb: I knew it would be some tactics and I knew it would be no issue for me. Finally, there were no split times in the last stage [from Ogier]. With no splits, the team give him [Ogier] the target time. So I asked: “Why do you give him the benefit and not me?” They knew he wouldn’t get his five seconds – he wanted 20 to stay ahead. At the moment, I was frustrated; I didn’t want to clean the road just in front of him. When you see the team playing tactics nearly against me… It’s what we agreed before. If I had been in the position, it would have been the same for me. We know it’s the rule. For me, it’s no team orders; each driver plays his tactics when he wants. If you lead the Championship you cannot do it, but if you are behind you have the cards and it is okay. He has done it right.

Quesnel: The drivers are equal number one so they know they can push. What we did for Sébastien Ogier, we would have done exactly the same for Sébastien Loeb. They know the car is the same. We want this to be transparent for everybody, the media and the fans.

My verdict: Quesnel is amazingly stupid!
    http://www.ALMrally.ru All about rally in Russian

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alleskids
    Quote Originally Posted by Barreis
    About popularity:
    WRC - Mur | Facebook
    Sebastien Loeb - Mur | Facebook

Loeb will stil be popular, but being him the winner of a rally in a Citroen on sunday wil not sell that much extra Citroens on monday anymore.

Van Merksteijns market value is 50.000 euro - if he wins, the whole rally world is interested in the rally and most are exiting
    Ogiers marketing value is 100.000 euro - if he wins, many of the rally fans are interested and exiting
    Petter marketing value is 1.000.000 euro's - if he wins, the whole rallyworld is exciting and very happy and interested in the rally
    Raikkonens markteting value is 10.000.000 euro's - if he wins, the whole autosport world is exciting and very interested inthe rally
    Loebs marketing value is 1000 euro's - if he wins, again and again and again, only some rallyfans are intereset and exciting for the rally

Announcing that Loeb has won with a Citroen rallycar is the same as announcing that it is very cold on Antartica and very hot in Saudi Arabia. Rallyfans are only real intereset in the rally if there is a fight, not for a Loeb in a Citroen domination
    You forgot one word and that's BRAND. Citroen has brand and that's Seb.Loeb. When driver looses works drive, his brand starts to go down (P.Solberg lost some BIG sponsorships after subaru withdraw but he's still popular). Ogier must make his own brand if he wants to be BIG on marketing table. That's lesson about marketing.

Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xsara Fan
    Great battle between Loeb and MrQ at press-conference:

Loeb: I knew it would be some tactics and I knew it would be no issue for me. Finally, there were no split times in the last stage [from Ogier]. With no splits, the team give him [Ogier] the target time. So I asked: “Why do you give him the benefit and not me?” They knew he wouldn’t get his five seconds – he wanted 20 to stay ahead. At the moment, I was frustrated; I didn’t want to clean the road just in front of him. When you see the team playing tactics nearly against me… It’s what we agreed before. If I had been in the position, it would have been the same for me. We know it’s the rule. For me, it’s no team orders; each driver plays his tactics when he wants. If you lead the Championship you cannot do it, but if you are behind you have the cards and it is okay. He has done it right.

Quesnel: The drivers are equal number one so they know they can push. What we did for Sébastien Ogier, we would have done exactly the same for Sébastien Loeb. They know the car is the same. We want this to be transparent for everybody, the media and the fans.

My verdict: Quesnel is amazingly stupid!
    It's going to be interesting

Liked 85 Times in 63 Posts
    Mr. Quesnel don't want to see next year the number 1 on the VW´s doors.
    2009 IRC Pickems Champion