Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Quesnel Vs Loeb

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quesnel Vs Loeb

Why do some people in the Acropolis thread think that Quesnel is plotting against Loeb in favour of Ogier? Is this just a conspiracy theory? It seems to revolve around Loeb losing splits on the night stage on leg two, but I don't know that that's good evidence. On the other hand, I can understand the view that Quesnel wants to build up a new star.

At least it's nice to look on Loeb as the underdog again!

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Can't see anything in it. However, Ogier is Quesnel's 'boy' - whereas Loeb was Frequelin's boy. There have been rumours/stories that Loeb/Quesnel don't see eye to eye.
    Who know what will happen in the future? Personally, I'd love to see him at VW...

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Citroen is in WRC to sell car. Loeb was a perfect marketing engine to sell cars, but his domination has ruined his marketing value. People or more exciting if Ogier wins then when Loeb wins again and again and again. Quesnell has many reasons to make Ogier his lead driver and car seller. Loebs marketing use is coming to the end of his production date. And as already mentioned, Loeb is the protege of Frequelin, and Quesnell wants to run the playground with his own toys, not of a toy left over from the previuews chief.
    In Greece Citroen had not many choises with Citoren drivers on position 1 and 2. If they help Ogier, they disadvantage Loeb. If they do NOT help Ogier, they disadvantage Ogier.
    R.I.P. all WRC heroes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    check On sait qui est le n°1 : c'est Ogier ! - Rallye de Grèce 2011 - Wrc - Eurosport

Loeb is clearly complaining that his team is helping Ogier to win the rally rather than helping him to protect his championship lead. And Ogier complains that last time there were team order (mexico) Loeb ignored them.

Nice Team spirit at Citroen, but that's what you get when you get 2 drivers with big ego and big potential. Loeb at ford next year? just to piss Quesnel off?

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    The day has come!!!! Yay!!! I knew this was going to happen and Loeb has or nearly gone past his expiration date. Yes he can still win and will, but it's his time for him to stop... (but I think if he doesn't he still will win rallies but pointless for the sport)
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alleskids
    Citroen is in WRC to sell car. Loeb was a perfect marketing engine to sell cars, but his domination has ruined his marketing value. People or more exciting if Ogier wins then when Loeb wins again and again and again. Quesnell has many reasons to make Ogier his lead driver and car seller. Loebs marketing use is coming to the end of his production date. And as already mentioned, Loeb is the protege of Frequelin, and Quesnell wants to run the playground with his own toys, not of a toy left over from the previuews chief.
    In Greece Citroen had not many choises with Citoren drivers on position 1 and 2. If they help Ogier, they disadvantage Loeb. If they do NOT help Ogier, they disadvantage Ogier.
    About popularity:
    WRC - Mur | Facebook
    Sebastien Loeb - Mur | Facebook
    Sébastien Ogier [Official Fan Page] - Bienvenue ! | Facebook
    Petter Solberg - Welcome! | Facebook
    plus:
    Mikko Hirvonen official fanclub - Mur | Facebook
    Jari-Matti Latvala Official Fanclub - Mur | Facebook

Liked 844 Times in 390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xavier
    Loeb at ford next year? just to piss Quesnel off?
    I would like to see him in Ford, just to see if their problem is the car or the drivers (even if I think both of them ), but it will hardly happen...
    Anyway, Malcolm Wilson should try to take advantage of this situation in Citroen and try to take one of their drivers for next year

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiGalliNo1
    The day has come!!!! Yay!!! I knew this was going to happen and Loeb has or nearly gone past his expiration date. Yes he can still win and will, but it's his time for him to stop... (but I think if he doesn't he still will win rallies but pointless for the sport)
    Loeb is driving for himself. What makes you think he cares about what others think of him? As long as he's competitive he has no reason to stop.

Liked 25 Times in 9 Posts
    '2011 Loeb vs Ogier' situation reminds me '2007 Alonso vs Hamilton' situation. At the end of 2007 McLaren lose both titles... Let`s wait and see, what will happened in WRC.

I think that Loeb already sign contract (for 2012) with another team. That`s why MrQ try to make his life more difficult. Otherwise MrQ is simply stupid.
    http://www.ALMrally.ru All about rally in Russian

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    [quote="Barreis"]About popularity:
    WRC - Mur | Facebook
    Sebastien Loeb - Mur | Facebook

Loeb will stil be popular, but being him the winner of a rally in a Citroen on sunday wil not sell that much extra Citroens on monday anymore.

Van Merksteijns market value is 50.000 euro - if he wins, the whole rally world is interested in the rally and most are exiting
    Ogiers marketing value is 100.000 euro - if he wins, many of the rally fans are interested and exiting
    Petter marketing value is 1.000.000 euro's - if he wins, the whole rallyworld is exciting and very happy and interested in the rally
    Raikkonens markteting value is 10.000.000 euro's - if he wins, the whole autosport world is exciting and very interested inthe rally
    Loebs marketing value is 1000 euro's - if he wins, again and again and again, only some rallyfans are intereset and exciting for the rally

Announcing that Loeb has won with a Citroen rallycar is the same as announcing that it is very cold on Antartica and very hot in Saudi Arabia. Rallyfans are only real intereset in the rally if there is a fight, not for a Loeb in a Citroen domination
    R.I.P. all WRC heroes