Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    The red flag was the right thing to do, however the race should never have been started under the safety car in the first place, and nor should the restart. Anyone who watched motoGP will know what wet weather skill looks like, current F1 drivers have become big cry babies wet it comes to the wet stuff.
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic
    The red flag was the right thing to do, however the race should never have been started under the safety car in the first place, and nor should the restart. Anyone who watched motoGP will know what wet weather skill looks like, current F1 drivers have become big cry babies wet it comes to the wet stuff.
    Indeed, I don't understand the rationale of running the restart behind the safety car, let alone running for so long behind said safety car. Nonetheless, it was in the end a cracking good race which I thoroughtly enjoyed, and hats off to the BBC for sticking with it.
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    ^^^ spot on mate. Martin quoted a figure of 60 litres per second could be lifted off the track by the full wet. Therefore as soon as the tyres can cope it's time to go racing, simple as that. If you are talking on the radio about inters whilst still under the safety car the race could and should have been underway for a good ten laps. It's just pathetic.
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Did you not see the spray?
    What spray?
    Even Massa of all people said after 1 lap behind the SC that it was OK to start the race. Just because Button was afraid (he was the one asking for more SC car laps) it doesn't mean it is really bad.

Maybe F1 should just ban wet racing like they do on the US ovals, one more reason for me to turn 100% to the ALMS/LMS/ILMC/Le Mans series and forget about these pu$sies who are allergic to water.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic
    Anyone remember the wet races of the 80's and 90's? There was no need to pamper the 'racing' drivers back then.
    All these new 'young guns' are a bunch of children with no balls when the going gets tough.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    What spray?
    Even Massa of all people said after 1 lap behind the SC that it was OK to start the race. Just because Button was afraid (he was the one asking for more SC car laps) it doesn't mean it is really bad.

Maybe F1 should just ban wet racing like they do on the US ovals, one more reason for me to turn 100% to the ALMS/LMS/ILMC/Le Mans series and forget about these pu$sies who are allergic to water.
    I don't get it, we just had a marvellous race and you keep on complaining. I agree that they were too cautious but in the end we had a proper race and that's what matters.
    “Leave me alone!”

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DexDexter
    I don't get it, we just had a marvellous race and you keep on complaining. I agree that they were too cautious but in the end we had a proper race and that's what matters.
    He is right though. Proper race or not, they should be made race when they are able to do so and not wait because a few drivers are whinging. No driver in their right mind will say it is Ok to race when it isn't. Personally, I feel once two drivers from different teams in the top ten positions on the grid say it is Ok to race then racing should commence. If it wasn't Ok then they simply would say it because they are not stupid.

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Anyone remember the wet races of the 80's and 90's? There was no need to pamper the 'racing' drivers back then.
    All these new 'young guns' are a bunch of children with no balls when the going gets tough.
    Yeah.
    We should have just waited till most of the field crashed, so we could end up with four finishers and have a Virgin win.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo
    Yeah.
    We should have just waited till most of the field crashed, so we could end up with four finishers and have a Virgin win.
    Richard? Is that you?
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.