View Poll Results: Should F1 run coupes?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 11.43%
  • No

31 88.57%
Page 64 of 74 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    Pretty much sums up how I percieve the sport and the danger it carries.

Oh dear no thanks, looks like a kids radio controlled car from Argos on first thoughts.
    If it were really a kids radio controlled car from Argos it would have sponsors on it like.

Ay Sir, Moobaaaaahdollar, Interl, Abbey National and so on and it would be a prancing duck or something
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kfzmeister
    I imagine that driver has to sit on the engine, or has that moved to the front?
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinho

how they are supposed to get in and out in that arrangement puzzles me, especially in an emergency or upside down
    Osmosis?

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    A good article by Mark Webber and his opinions on the danger of the sport and how to deal with it mentally.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/form...e/15376777.stm

You forgot this bit

IndyCar can learn a heavy lesson from Sunday's crash. What organisers certainly have to do is work out how to stop cars leaving the ground and flying into the air in such situations.

It is a sad irony that Dan was the test driver for a new car that officials plan to introduce next year.

It has enclosed rear wheels, which will definitely help because front wheels won't be able to go over rear wheels any more, which is one of the major factors that makes cars take off.
    Now Mark Webber, an actual F1 driver and campaigner for safety sees the point. I wonder if anyone else will care to admit that enclosing the rear wheels of the cars is not such a bad thing to do now.....
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    I know, I´m not the most intelligent people in the world. Can you convince me that you arč?

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mia 01
    I know, I´m not the most intelligent people in the world. Can you convince me that you arč?
    How many of you are there?????

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    You want me to convince you that I'm the most intelligent person in the world?

I can tell you right now I'm not, but what has that got to do with the price of fish Mia?
    I'm just glad that he/she wasn't agreeing with me......

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    I'm just glad that he/she wasn't agreeing with me......
    I know. Feels a bit weird being a Kimi Raikkonen fan on this forum lately...

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I didn't forget it at all, I provided the link to the article and you as much as anyone on here should know the rules concerning quoting whole articles. I thought I would provide the article as it was related to the thread regardless of whether I agree with everything Webber says or not.

I think its worth noting that nowhere in the article does Mark suggest the rear wheels of F1 cars are to be enclosed in his opinion. He supports it in IndyCar because of the style of racing it has (Ovals with tight pack racing) and he makes comparisons between the safety levels of the two.
    The point I was making was that he was talking about cars flying and made mention of his car flying so there was possibly an implication there even if he didn't explicitly state it. I guess it takes a certain sort of driver who can look at an accident like Webber's and then at Dan's accident and not draw parallel's between the two, to drive in F1 and be fearless. He did say that his accident could have gone one of two ways. Thankfully in F1 the fences are usually at more of an acute angle to the impacts, the impacts are slower and dare I say it, the racing isn't thankfully as close! (I feel rather conflicted when saying that last part) But a flying car vs catch fence fatal accident could still happen.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I'm expecting a Star Wars question next just for consistency.
    I think it'll be a Monty Python reference. Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition and all......