Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    For most of the drivers in this race, they were either candidates for the 'driver of the day' or 'donkey'. Middle ground only comprises of a few drivers. The donkey, for me, is Hamilton. It just has to be. As far as I'm concerned, his move on Webber was truly unfair and easily avoidable. The Schumacher incident was a pure display of "don't think you can just get through there, son". And, when it came to a head with his team mate, it was Hamilton who was in the better position with which to react and avoid a collision. I still consider that latter accident a racing incident but it doesn't negate the fact that Lewis' race ended thereafter and the move could have been better prepared.

Other notables for the donkey award would be Massa, Di Resta and Heidfeld (though all drove some superb laps too): Massa for getting stuck behind Kobayashi and then stuffing his nose in the wall while overtaking a Hispania ; Di Resta for ruining a very good result for himself and the team by making a ridiculously half-hearted move into the chicane ; Heidfeld for being too hot on the accelerator and also ruining a very good result (though much less so in his case as Kobay was much slower off the corner and it was doubly unfortunate that the front wing collapsed in the way it did).
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    I vote for this guy, whom I have good reason to beleive is actually el donKey Jote in action:

YouTube - ‪F1 Canada 2011 Steward Falls Over - Marshal Montreal GP‬‏

better watch it quick cause here come da FIA and benrie gonn take it down....
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight
    Nope, it is you that is forgetting that he has pulled off nearly 30 succesful overtaking meneuvers in the last 6 races. He had three racing incidents (though I still really think Maldonado was more to blame then him) in the last two races and one shunt where he was at fault with Massa.
    Hitler did a lot of good things too, doesn't make the bad things he did any less evil.

So what if Hamilton pulled off some good moves, the bonehead moves have seen him penalised or out of the race.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Hitler did a lot of good things too, doesn't make the bad things he did any less evil.

So what if Hamilton pulled off some good moves, the bonehead moves have seen him penalised or out of the race.
    Hitler and Hamilton in the same post.... really?

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts

Any drivers that have pulled off most moves in the past have generally been the more aggressive ones, always in front of the stewards or getting penalised on average more at least. These ultimately have been the best drivers too. McLaren, Button, Hamilton all agree it was a racing incident. You can try and sugarcoat it differently if you like but the stewards also agree. It's plainly obvious. Please look again. Button was checking his mirrors. They both moved left at the same time just after Button stopped looking in his mirrors, therefore he couldnt' have known Lewis was there. Lews then couldnt have known that Button was going to cut him off like that. Neither driver at fault, really. That's why it is a racing incident.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper_S
    Hitler and Hamilton in the same post.... really?
    Both examples of people who did good and bad things. Not suggesting Hamilton is even .0000001% as bad as Hitler.

It's an analogy, get over it
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Any drivers that have pulled off most moves in the past have generally been the more aggressive ones, always in front of the stewards or getting penalised on average more at least. These ultimately have been the best drivers too. McLaren, Button, Hamilton all agree it was a racing incident. You can try and sugarcoat it differently if you like but the stewards also agree. It's plainly obvious. Please look again. Button was checking his mirrors. They both moved left at the same time just after Button stopped looking in his mirrors, therefore he couldnt' have known Lewis was there. Lews then couldnt have known that Button was going to cut him off like that. Neither driver at fault, really. That's why it is a racing incident.
    So if you are driving along on the road and someone is fairly slowly pulling across do you keep on driving at them?

Quote Originally Posted by Nem14
    Jensen is a gentleman.

It is always the overtaking drivers responsibilty to make a safe pass.

IMO, Hamilton chose the wrong side to pass on, for 2 reasons:
    1. the pit wall
    2. the left/right corner combination that was approaching

Niki Lauda wasn't to impressed either. ; )
    Ah ok, so basically it's always the fault of the following car is what you're saying? WOW, this is new to me.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Ah ok, so basically it's always the fault of the following car is what you're saying? WOW, this is new to me.
    He's saying it's their responsibility to make a SAFE pass. It's not as if Button suddenly cut across so quickly that Hamilton couldn't back out....... What is it with Hamilton fans and being completely blinkered and unable to admit that he made a mistake.

So if you are driving along on the road and someone is fairly slowly pulling across do you keep on driving at them?
    Road rules don't always apply to F1. You can brake test someone on a road and if they drive into the back of you it's their fault because they should be far enough behind to be able to deal with any unexpected event. This is racing and if someone brake tests you then it is their fault because it is illegal to brake test someone in a race, so your analogy to something on the road doesn't hold true.

On the other hand I do see what you're trying to say and all well and good from your armchair but ultimately neither driver was in the know of what would happen in the future. Racing had nothing to do with road cars.