Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    Ah, so this explains the lucid recollections and coherent comments I hear when he speaks, does it?
    Luckid and coherent doesn't mean his perspective hasn't been touched with a dash of senility.

According to whom? There is a degree of luck, at the very least, involved in most things.
    You can't be lucky all the time man. You might be lucky for 1 championship but you don't win more than one championship simply by luck. He worked his ass off and got those championships he deserved because he simply was the best out there and is one of the greatest of all time mokin:

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight
    Luckid and coherent doesn't mean his perspective hasn't touch with a dash of senility.
    And do you have access to expert medical opinion to back up your assertion as to Moss' alleged state of mind? Or is it just that a bit of criticism of Schumacher by someone not in the first flush of youth means that said individual must, in your eyes, be senile?

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Forget Schumacher. The two words that spring to mind where Sir Stirling Moss is concerned are class and legend. His was a career that illustrates very well that numbers alone do not equal greatness.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

And do you have access to expert medical opinion to back up your assertion as to Moss' alleged state of mind? Or is it just that a bit of criticism of Schumacher by someone not in the first flush of youth means that said individual must, in your eyes, be senile?
    Oh not at all. Here's a quote from Stirling Moss on Schumacher's 1996 Spanish GP drive:

"It wasn't a race, it was a display of brilliance."

So can you explain to me what changed? How can I possibly come to a different conclusion?

If you want to go down another road other than the senility one then I can only think that he is really jealous of Schumacher because he could never have been half the driver Schuey was. Stirling is probably bitter that he never won a WDC, even though he says it doesn't bother him, I really beg to differ. Given the era in which Moss was born, Schumacher's nationality probably doesn't help his cause either.

I don't get this reference to Moss being an all time great either. He was continually trounced by Fangio, a man 18 years his senior, whilst Moss was in his prime.

Stirling Moss - overrated and quite probably now is senile.

Oh great — another unpleasant fanboy with a complete lack of historical perspective. Just what the forum needs.

Oh great — another unpleasant fanboy with a complete lack of historical perspective. Just what the forum needs.
    I take it you've no answer to my questions on why Moss changed his mind about Schumacher then. Fine, that settles it for me

I take it you've no answer to my questions on why Moss changed his mind about Schumacher then. Fine, that settles it for me
    In what sense did he change his mind? There is no conflict between the two standpoints at all, other than in your imagination.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Oh not at all. Here's a quote from Stirling Moss on Schumacher's 1996 Spanish GP drive:

"It wasn't a race, it was a display of brilliance."

So can you explain to me what changed? How can I possibly come to a different conclusion?
    Sir Stirling was very correct in what he stated re that race. But the point about the Shoe is that at both Benetton and Ferrari, his team mates were not allowed to race him, and the whole team (including development of the tyres) were driven around Schumacher.

No one is saying the Shoe is no good, just that he made his own luck in the terms he dictated to the teams he drove for prior to his retirement in 2006.
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    So by your definition anyone at all who claims that Schumacher didn't win all 7 championships by anything other than pure skill somehow has a mental illness. Oh please!
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums