Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: F1 model thread

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    I'm looking forward to the 250 GTO though, going by your opinion it will be quite a nice kit.
    Remember I said those contest winners were "based on" the Italeri kit. Most have Replica & Miniatures engines, photoetch, and aftermarket wheels.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by codalunga
    Remember I said those contest winners were "based on" the Italeri kit. Most have Replica & Miniatures engines, photoetch, and aftermarket wheels.
    If the body proportions are good, not even perfect, than I'll be already pleased with it.
    And I would be even surprised if there would be no need for aftermarket wheels on a Revell kit as their wheels and tires are usually poor quality.

Do you have some interesting info about the Audi R10 too? Is it a new all Revell kit?
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nice collection!
    You also have a cool mom!
    You mean she has Schumacher helmet models or driver models?
    Fortunately helmet models i dont think i could bear the thought of hundreds of schumacher lookalikes walking about the house

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    If the body proportions are good, not even perfect, than I'll be already pleased with it.
    And I would be even surprised if there would be no need for aftermarket wheels on a Revell kit as their wheels and tires are usually poor quality.

Do you have some interesting info about the Audi R10 too? Is it a new all Revell kit?
    Haven't had trouble with Revell tires but I build primarily their sportscars (Corvette racers, BMW Z8, Enzo, and others). Their 1/24 F1 kits were notoriously for their badly mishapen tires but they got retooled a few years ago when the did the Toyota and are said to be a vast improvement, with subsequent kits getting the new tires. I have heard some modelers say Revell doesn't spend as much on the F1 cars tooling as they don't sell as long or as well as many other releases, as they didn't use to be great efforts.

As far as the GTO, its a Italeri reissue and not of Revell origin. Fit and accuracy will have been up to Italeri and Revell will only be guilty for manufacturing quality issues. I should dig mine out...

There was a flurry of excitement over the R10 on some modeling boards with some pics of sprues a month or two ago. A Google search should bring them up. It is all new as there is nothing on it to borrow parts from!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by codalunga
    There was a flurry of excitement over the R10 on some modeling boards with some pics of sprues a month or two ago. A Google search should bring them up. It is all new as there is nothing on it to borrow parts from!
    Thanks for the info!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by schmenke
    I've never purchased a BBR model. How is the quality comparted to Minichamps?
    Much better quality! Minichamps are not bad, but they are diecast bodies on a plastic chassis and sometimes the bodywork is not that great. BBR are hand built from diecast and photo-etched parts. Much greater detail - for example, I had a 1993 Ferrari F93 by Minichamps. The "fuel filler" was a decal. the cooling vents on the rear of the sidepods were decals. BBR has an actual chrome piece inserted in the body for the fuel filler and the sidepods have recessed, painted cooling vents.

The newer models are even better with all the aero wings, flipups, etc. They all fit nicely and are in the right places and to scale with BBR. BBR wheels even have "O-Z" on them! Paint is exactly the right shade and always high gloss. Decals are excellent, too!
    "You can mop the blood up later." - R.A. Lafferty

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    One other thing - BBR uses photo etched brass for the wings and aero flips which makes them much thinner looking and more realistic. Not to mention cockpit detail including racing harness.
    "You can mop the blood up later." - R.A. Lafferty