Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    My whole problem with current sportscar racing lies in the lack of a perceptable performance difference between street cars their racing counterparts. Even the prototypes just aren't awe inspiring when there are more than a handful of street cars with higher top speeds straight from the showroom. How often are street versions actually MORE powerful, quicker and have higher top speeds than the racing counterparts? Reliability is also just too darn good. I"ll never forget the year Audi changed the entire transmission and rear suspension on the R8's and nary missed a lap. Not sure what was more exciting, that something broke, or that they could actually make that magnitude of a change is such a short time frame.

I fully understand the technical challenges and marketing angles of Audi and Pugeot running diesels for the past few years, but they are generally boring cars. The R18 is Amazing to look at, but it might as well be a stealth fighter. Lemans was a reasonably interesting race this year, but reliability is almost a non issue, so where's the challenge. I can drive 24 straight hours solo with a sixer of redbull and be reasonably sure my car could back that up on a return trip.

I went through the same problem with hydroplanes and powerboat racing in general. My personal river runner was faster than every last boat on the race course because of tightly controlled performance specifications. I pretty much lost all interest in the racing.
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 304 Times in 214 Posts
    Annoying rumour about the retirement of the two longer distance american races of ILMC for 2012(Sebring and PLM)...can't and don't want to believe that

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom206wrc
    Annoying rumour about the retirement of the two longer distance american races of ILMC for 2012(Sebring and PLM)...can't and don't want to believe that
    A huge mistake if true.....

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 304 Times in 214 Posts
    In addition there could be a round in Brazil(Interlagos)and another one in Japan(Suzuka??)